Chapter 5: Ash vs. Brock (Part II)

Beginne am Anfang

"Pikachu, use Quick Attack to escape from its grasp and then use Electroweb!" Ash suddenly yelled as Steelix started to purposely loosen its grip on Pikachu. If this strategy didn't work, then nothing would. Pikachu obeyed as he quickly zipped out of Steelix's bind and then charged up an Electroweb with its tail.

"Pi-KA!" Pikachu squeaked, the moment he launched the Electroweb out of his tail. Pikachu aimed it right onto Steelix's head.

"Steelix! Reflect Pikachu's attack away with another Gyro Ball!" Brock shouted out in an effort to counteract the attack. Steelix once again spun rapidly, but remained in a stationary place. When the Electroweb hit Steelix's body, it was successfully reflected. However, instead of the Electroweb fading away, it latched onto the ceiling.

Then, something amazing happened that gave a sense of déjà vu to the two battling trainers. The gym sprinklers were accidentally activated by Pikachu's sparks of electricity due to the Electroweb. Both of the trainers just stood there, reminiscing about a similar event that occurred when they first met in the very same room years ago. But then Ash just grinned and looked at Pikachu, who also looked back at the raven-haired trainer with a determined look on his face.

"Pika Pi!" Pikachu squeaked and gave Ash a nod.

"Yeah, well okay Pikachu! Let's show him what our full power looks like!" Ash called out as he slipped a familiar-looking black ring onto his wrist. Attached to it was a yellow crystal carved into the shape of a Pikachu lightning bolt tail. In one swift motion, Ash took off his red cap and tossed it in Pikachu's direction. Pikachu hopped up in the air, allowing for the cap to land on top of his head.

"Pika! pika!" Pikachu squeaked.

Ash and Pikachu then fist-bumped and shared a high five. Ash's hand slapped Pikachu's tail, while a yellow and white light emitted from the both of them. While in sync, Ash and Pikachu started making a certain movement that has to be done in order to activate the full power of the ring and crystal.

"Much bigger than a thunderbolt! 10 million volt thunderbolt! Yeah, super volt power!" Ash started chanting.

"Pika! Pika... Pika..." Pikachu began charging up a vast amount of electricity and focused it onto a certain part of his body.

"A Z-Move eh?" Brock grinned amusingly. He then put on a serious expression and frowned. "Well then let's go all out too! Mega Steelix! Use Stone Edge MAX POWER!" Brock ordered as he began hyping himself up.

"NOW! FULL POWER!" Ash yelled out. Pikachu then jumped in the air as many thunderbolts of various colors shot out and were aiming towards the mega evolved iron snake Pokémon. There was yellow, blue, green, red, purple, you name it. Unfortunately for Brock, the Stone Edge Steelix summoned was no match for the powerful Z-Move as all the rock pillars were disintegrated. 

"Looks like there is no way out of it..." Brock muttered. "Steelix, take the attack head-on!" This was a strategy Brock used against Kiawe when he used the Z-Move, Inferno Overdrive with his Turtonator. 

"I just know that Steelix can survive the attack. Especially at its mega evolved state, its defenses are boosted to the max." Brock thought to himself. He was placing full confidence on Steelix at this point.

When Pikachu's Z-Move finally struck, large amounts of smoke and dust formed in the aftermath of the collision. In fact, the entire room was filled with debris and smoke. This caused everyone to cough, even Misty, Tracey, and Gary who were spectating the match. 

Fortunately for everyone, the sprinkler system reactivated and the smoke detectors gave off. When the smoke cleared out, Brock's Steelix could be seen standing tall, with scrapes and bruises on its body. Despite taking all those multi-colored thunderbolts head-on, Steelix was still standing with a proud look on its face.