Chapter 31: Evolution by Fire x2!!!

Ash Ketchum had just tossed three Poké Balls onto the battlefield. From them, emerged some familiar Pokémon from his Unova journey. Around a year before his journey in the Kalos region. The group of Pokémon consisted of a grass snake Pokémon, a fire pig Pokémon, and a sea otter Pokémon.

Serena, Clemont, and Bonnie looked at Ash's Pokémon with excitement and wonder. It wasn't every day you see Unova starter Pokémon outside their native region.

"Who are those Pokémon?" Serena asked out loud with wonder. She then proceeded to pull out her Rotom Phone to use the Pokédex feature.

Serena directed her phone at the grass snake Pokémon first. That one appeared to have a calm attitude as she had her eyes closed with a neutral expression. 

Rotom Phone: Servine, the grass snake Pokémon and the evolved form of Snivy. When it gets dirty, its leaves can't be used in photosynthesis, so it always keeps itself clean.

"So that's Ash's Servine..." Serena whispered to herself.

Then the Rotom Phone scanned the fire pig Pokémon. That one appeared to be snorting fire out of his nose with determination.

Rotom Phone: Pignite, the fire pig Pokémon and the pre-evolved form of Emboar. Whatever it eats becomes fuel and a source of fire. When angered, the flames grow stronger.

Finally, there was the small sea otter Pokémon, who appeared to be jumping up and down excitedly. It was probably very excited to battle alongside Ash again in a battle against an actual trainer.

Rotom Phone: Oshawott, the sea otter Pokémon and Samurott's first pre-evolved form. It fights by using the scalchop on its stomach like a blade. Oshawott tend to be very strong and proud Pokémon.

"Oh my gosh! They are soooo cute!" Bonnie squealed with excitement and stars in her eyes. "Ash better let me snuggle with his Oshawott! That Pokémon is just a cutie!"

"Osha!" Oshawott cried out. He liked the attention he was getting from Bonnie, so he began getting carried away and made several "cool" poses. Servine saw this and used a Vine Whip to get Oshawott to focus back onto the battle.

"Ser-servine..." Servine muttered with a disapproving glare.

'Heheh... that little one is just like Clemont's Chespin...' Serena noted in her head with a smile. She thought the interactions between Ash's Pokémon were always cute.

"Come on, fire warriors! Emboar, Camerupt, and Pyroar! Showtime!" Shamus yelled out, tossing three Poké Balls up in the air. The mega fire pig Pokémon, eruption Pokémon, and the lion Pokémon came out of the Poké Balls.

"Bring it on and prepare to lose!" Shamus taunted with some aggression.

"I don't think so!" Ash yelled to Shamus with confidence. He had no intentions in disappointing his girlfriend and was determined to win this battle.

"Ash! I believe in you! Do your best!" Serena yelled out to Ash.

Ash suddenly looked towards Serena and nodded at her. He then gave her a thumbs up, before returning his sights towards the battle ahead of him.

"Now that the Pokémon are sent out... let the battle... begin!" Clemont announced. He then rushed towards where his sister and Serena were located.

"I'll take the first move!" Shamus declared. "Emboar use Fire Blast on Servine, Camerupt use Rock Slide on Pignite, and Pyroar, you target Oshawott with your Hyper Beam!" 

"Wow, very powerful attacks right at the start..." Clemont gasped in acknowledgment. He decided to analyze the battle carefully, so he could get a better understanding of both trainer's battle strategies and styles. Especially since both trainers will be participating in the World Coronation Series Tournament just like him. He was familiar with Ash's battle style, so Clemont decided to watch Shamus more carefully.