Chapter 33: Goodbye Kalos!

*This is the last chapter of this half of the book. A friendly reminder that the sequel will be titled: Our Ever-Lasting Bond. I'll make an announcement when the sequel is close to publishing. Have fun reading this chapter!

Kalos, Vaniville Town

After their picnic-style lunch in the backyard, Ash and Serena hung out with Serena's mother and older brother in the Yvonne family home for the rest of the day. Ash and Calem had a mock battle by the Rhyhorn racetrack, Serena helped her mother cook a delicious dinner that Ash enjoyed a lot, and then afterwards everyone watched a movie in the living room. During the night, let's just say the couple were both getting a little restless. Now, it was the next day. The day where Ash and Serena will leave Kalos and will their ever-lasting love to Ash's home region of Kanto.

It was now the morning and Ash was woken up by the sounds downstairs, presumingly Grace cooking breakfast. Ash remembered the day he shared with Serena and her family yesterday and smiled. It felt nice to have a big family. Back then, it was normally just him and his mother. Professor Oak and Gary were considered family as well. 

Now, Ash's family consists of his mother, his Pokémon, his friends and traveling companions, and now his girlfriend and her family. Ash was smiling to himself as he was slowly stroking Serena's honey-blonde hair. Her hair felt silky smooth and was pleasant to touch. He hadn't long woken up and he was simply admiring the sleeping girl lying on him.

'I can't believe Mrs. Yvonne allowed Serena and I to share a bed in her own house...' Ash thought to himself. Ash guessed that Grace knew that they were responsible enough, despite what happened a week ago. He would have thought that Grace would have been extra protective over Serena.

"Chu... chu..." Pikachu snored lightly. The sound of a certain electric mouse Pokémon caught Ash's attention and interrupted his thoughts.

Ash turned his head and smiled softly. The two Pikachu were currently sleeping with Ash and Serena in the same bed, so they had to be quiet during the night to not disturb the pair of peaceful electric mouse Pokémon. However, despite their nightly activities, the couple managed to pull it off.

Ash sighed. He regretted not telling Serena his feelings for her years earlier. They could have been a couple sooner and could have fulfilled their dreams together, side by side. But that didn't matter to him now. All that mattered is that they eventually got together as a couple. He wouldn't trade his current life for anything.

"Good morning," Serena whispered, as her big blue cerulean eyes stared into Ash's own eyes. "Ashy."

Ash looked down lazily and found that his girlfriend was wide awake, snuggling into his chest. She was looking up at him expectantly. Ash thought she looked like the prettiest thing in the world.

'She sure does like to sleep on me.' Ash thought to himself. He didn't mind it though. He enjoyed their intimacy and closeness in bed.

"Good morning," Ash whispered back, a grin appeared on his face. "Sere."

Leaning down slowly, Ash used his lips to capture the lips of Serena's. Serena didn't hesitate to reciprocate. After a few moments, the two separated for air.

"So, are you excited to go to Kanto?" Ash asked, letting a deep-sounding yawn escape from his mouth.

Serena nodded eagerly, her cerulean-blue eyes glimmering with excitement. "Yes, I can't wait!"

Ash chuckled lightly at his girlfriend's enthusiasm despite it being the early morning at the moment. He hugged Serena closer to his body, even though the two were already extremely close.