Chapter 27: The Lapras Festival (Part II)

"Oh no..." Ash muttered. Did they really follow him and Pikachu all the way to Kalos? Now that he thought about it, those flight attendants from earlier did look familiar to him. 'At least they had the decency to not ruin my date with Serena...' Ash thought in his head.

"What in the world is going on here?" a random person yelled out from the crowd of people.

"Beats me." someone else replied with a shrug.

"Don't tell me it's them..." Serena mumbled under her breath.

A lavender-haired man, a woman with long magenta-colored hair, and a Meowth that stood upright revealed themselves to the crowd. A Wobbuffet also accompanied this mysterious trio of crooks.

"Prepare for trouble!" Jessie announced with a hand to her hip.

"And make it double!" James added in with a purple rose in his hand.

"To protect the world from devastation!"

"To unite all people within our nation!"

"To denounce the evils of truth and love!"

"To extend our reaches to the stars above!"

"Jessie!" "James!"

"Team Rocket blasts off at the speed of light!"

"Surrender now, or prepare to fight!"

"Meowth! That's right!" Meowth chimed in.

"Wobbuffet!"

Most of the crowd stood there, confused. Who were these people? However, a few may have recognized them from the time they attempted to steal presents during the Pledging Tree Festival three years prior.

"Team Rocket!" Everyone in Ash's friend group shouted, with the exception of Calem.

"Oh gosh, it's those losers again..." Calem said with an deadpanned expression.

"Losers?!? Who are you callin' losers twerp?" Meowth jumped up and down with annoyance. James had to hold Meowth back before he went overboard.

"Team Rocket! You are still up to no good after all these years!?" May yelled out in irritation.

"Yeah!" Dawn added in angrily.

"Why of course, we will never give in until we get our catch of the day." James responded.

"And in this case, we will be taking all these Lapras loot for the boss!" Meowth declared. He then revealed a remote from his back and pressed the button. Suddenly a large net engulfed all the Lapras into one large net. All, but Ash's former Lapras were captured.

"Mmmh!" Lapras cried.

"Oh no!" Serena cried out in shock.

"Let all of the Lapras go!" Ash shouted at them with an angry glare.

"Nuh uh!" Jessie taunted as she wagged her finger in a tsk tsk tsk manner. "We may have failed to capture the school of Lapras back then in the Orange Islands and Johto Region, but this time we are certain not to fail."

Ash gritted his teeth and clenched his fist in anger. Pikachu sparked his cheeks and was ready to send them off with a Thunderbolt.

"Oh! We almost forgot! Here is a gift for you twerp. We want to congratulate you for actually growing up." Jessie said suddenly as she tossed Ash a small box.

Ash caught the box and looked at the trio, clearly dumbfounded. He could see James and Meowth snickering in the background.

"I wonder what's inside." Serena said as she looked at the mysterious box in Ash's hands.