Chapter 186: Warriors' Resolve

Start from the beginning

"Then die!" GrizzlyDiamond roared as he burst forward and swung his ax down with the force of a mad bear.

"You first!" Ragnaf retorted as he stood his ground and swiped upward with his ax, carrying along the momentum of a raging bull.

BOOOM!

???

9:40 a.m. 15th Banem 1092.

BOOOM!

Within a brightly lit cave at a hidden corner of the world, a red-haired warrior gritted his teeth as he was sent sliding backward from a clash. On the other side, a 30ft long earth dragon wailed in fury as it retracted its tail and then glared at the warrior. It roared and then breathed a column of flame at him, intended on burning him to ash.

The flames soon obscured the dragon's view of the warrior, but before it could celebrate its win, a giant scythe-like ki blade cut through the flames, revealing the man at its center, unscathed.

The man breathed hard as he brushed his hair back and tied it, revealing a handsome, rugged youth.

Hektor's eyes were cold but filled with unwavering confidence as he glared at the monster before him. Gone was the brash youth who struggled in front of those tiny monsters. Over forty floors of this hell-zone had forcefully sharpened that gemstone of a young man into a shining warrior.

The current Hektor only wore a pair of pants crafted from dragon leather, as most of the gear he'd found in the dungeon was promptly destroyed after a fight or two. Luckily, these pants had a self-repair function, so as long as it wasn't entirely destroyed during a battle, it would repair itself afterward.

Hektor glanced at the dragon and then strode towards it with a bone broadsword rested on his shoulder. Someone who saw this youth for the first time would assume he was the reincarnation of an ancient general that had graced the battlefield for decades. Such was the regality and power expounded by each step that even the dragon's heart tremored.

But of course, this was only natural. After fighting, and eating dragon meat and blood over the past weeks, some of the dragons' innate regality had begun to fuse with Hektor, transforming him from a regular fighter to a dignified warrior.

Hektor glared at the opposing dragon. He had a feeling this was the final guardian. He would be considered to have completed this training as long as he defeated this dragon. Hektor grinned as he quickened his steps and then broke into a full sprint. "Die for me!"

The dragon, in reply, roared and bit down at him!

CLANG!