Zohaib opened his mouth and took the morsel from her hand. He was hungry but he had lost his appetite due to his daughter's condition. Faryal made sure he was full until she stopped feeding him anymore and left his room with a content smile on her face.

-------------------------------------------

Faryal was lying on the bed, wide awake starring at the ceiling. She was thinking about the series of events that happened today. She was feeling emotionally drained. Zohaib's worn-out state and Zahra's condition left their marks on her mind.

"He is getting thin day by day, there should be a way to ease his sufferings.", She muttered.

"Allah Miyan show me a way to help him, please", She prayed.

She was lost in her thoughts when an Idea popped up in her mind.

"Aray, why didn't I think this earlier?" She facepalmed herself. "I hope it would work out", She added with a smile on her face.

-------------------------------------------

Zohaib woke up when he felt Zahra stirring above him. He moved his eyes towards Zahra who was wide awake but still she has kept her head on his chest. She looked drained out due to crying. He couldn't sleep much last night due to his mentally and physically disturbed state.  

"Zahra how are you feeling betay?", Zohaib said in a hoarse voice and rubbed Zahra's back. He was feeling pain in his back due to his sitting position for hours.

"You have scarred your daddy yesterday", Zohaib heaved a sigh.

"I pray that a day like that never come in your life again meri jan", He voiced his emotions and kissed Zahra on her head. He moved his eyes towards the window and realized that it was early morning. The slight tint of sun rays was creeping on the dark night sky.

Faryal could not sleep much last night as well. She woke up in the middle of the night and was getting out of her room to refill her jug after offering Fajar prayer when she heard murmurs coming from Zohaib's room.

"I should check on them", She muttered and went towards his room. Instead of knocking on the door she cautiously turned the knob of the door and peeked through the little gap. She saw Zohaib was talking with Zahra who was glued to his chest and entered his room.

"Uhu Uhu", She cleared her throat. "Is Zahra awake?", She asked.

Zohaib stopped talking with Zahra and stared at Faryal.

"Sorry for barging in without knocking I didn't want to disturb Zahra, I was going downstairs when I heard your voice, I thought you might need some help. How is she now?", She explained her actions.