While everyone got a variety of mixed drinks and straight liquor, I sat on the couch near the edge of the balcony and watched as different girls, all wearing different exotic outfits, danced around poles and performed for their audience as people tossed dollar bills on the stage, which they also picked up throughout the performance in a tantalizing manner. Strippers were something I had read about in articles, and I knew it was a well-paying job, but, seeing it in person was a whole nother experience.

It was almost mesmerizing, seeing them all dance. Each having a different style, they all showed off their different dances in pure confidence. Music blared through speakers as they twisted and climbed up poles and batted their long (and fake) eyelashes at men who came here to have a good time, all while letting their bodies move freely with the rhythm. The constantly changing lighting even gave their performance a magical and mesmerizing touch. They enjoyed what they were doing, you could tell. And it was because of that did everyone else enjoy it as well.

I couldn't pry my eyes away from them.

It was like I was studying them and everything happening around them, imprinting this experience in my brain.

Devyn approaches me a few minutes later, "Having a good time?" She yelled over the loud music. She had a drink in her hand, taking sips from it here and there, leaving a red lipstick print on the glass.

I nod, "I am, it's really.. cool." Would that be the right word to use? I guess it works.

Her eyes flickered from me to Colby a few times before she said, "What's going on with you and Colbs?" She asked, leaning her head on her hand while her elbow sat on the arm of the couch.

I let out a single breathy laugh, "What do you mean?"

She gave me a 'don't act like you don't know' look when she said, "The limo? The tension was higher than me on a Friday night." She giggled, taking another sip from her drink.

"Oh." Uh, "Sorry about that, getting under each other's skin is something we like to do." I force a smile, hoping she couldn't see past my lie. I barely knew what happened in that limo, but, I was stilled pissed nonetheless.

She did though, "Yeah right. What is it, he sleeping with another girl? I thought y'all weren't exclusive?" She quizzed.

I shook my head, "We aren't, and it's not like that at all."

Her eyes darted away from me and back to Colby, where they stayed. Strangely, I followed her eyesight to see Colby with a sparkling girl sitting on his lap. Yes, I said sparkling. He was basically undressing her with his eyes as she talked about who knows what and traced her fingers over his chest in a circular motion.

Way to keep the Act going, Colby.

I roll my eyes and look back to Devyn, who was giving me pouty lips.

I couldn't help but laugh in confusion, "What on earth are you doing?"

"You're jealous." She stated sadly.

"What? No, I'm not?" I laugh, genuinely confused about how she thought I was jealous. Jealous of what?  My kidnapper flirting with another girl? Seriously, why would I be jealous of that?

"It's no worry's, you give me that 'I fall in love with the person I hook up with' vibe." "I do?" " But! It's no problem," she grinned and set down her drink, "Mama will take care of it." She stood up and grabbed my hand, lifting me to my feet and guiding me over to the group.