20

Dear Mrs. L/N

I'm going to Paris, France to become a chocolatier. The future is so full of opportunities, full to bursting, it would be a shame if I didn't take them. Y/n would want me to go, and I'm finally moving on.

I still think about her though, at night mostly. I can't hear her anymore but her smile will forever be engraved in my brain and I'm okay with that. The ache in my heart got duller and duller as time went on and the popping glass and shredding metal that I thought would be with me forever got quieter too. All of this pain that I felt that I was convinced would follow me till the day I died got softer. Although late at night when I got thinking too much the grief would consume me again. But the once anguish filled sobs that escaped me were now only tears.

I never thought I would move on, that I even could move on. I thought that all of this "time heals all wounds" bullshit was just thrown around to comfort people, but it was true. I know that I will love Y/N for eternity, just like the galaxy, I thought we were endless. I thought we would be an old married couple and that we would die at each others side, but that didn't happen. Moving on was the hardest thing to think about, that it was impossible. But take it from me, it does get better. Moving on is possible and so is letting go of grief and guilt.

I realized that it wasn't my fault that Y/n died. That it was a horrible accident and that's all it was, and accident. I hope that you can move the way that I have. I forgive you for all the hurtful things you said to me that day, I know that you were sad and angry and needed someone to blame. When you get this I'll be gone already, on a plane to my new paradise. I want you to know that she will always be in my heart and that I will never, ever forget about her. I know for a fact that she will always be in yours.

Yours Truly, T.S.