2

After a few days of sitting at home with nothing to do I decided to go to the park. My mom hadn't really been home much and I was getting bored of being in the house. I wore a pair of skinny jeans with a black t-shirt that had my favorite bands logo on it. I slipped on a pair of white shoes and headed outside, making sure to lock the door behind me. As I stepped outside I noticed that the ground had since dried from the previous rain showers, but the air still had a hint of earthiness to it

My mom had texted me early in the morning saying she should be back home by tonight, and I was excited to see her. We had a good relationship and loved when she could stay home for a bit, since it was just me and mom we're inseparable.  

As I walked to the park I took notice of the leaves on the trees. They were fresh, a new life taking in the world for the first time. The grass was soft and the air was smooth like honey, though there was nothing too particular in the air other than the earthiness, it was nice to just breath it, take it in. 

I got to the park in 10 minutes and walked over to the swing set, it was still early enough that even though school was out little kids hadn't shown up yet. I looked around to see if anyone else was at the park and to my delight there was.

Someone was in a field of grass tossing a ball up into the air and bouncing it around. I stopped swinging to get a better look at whoever was in the grass, then I saw their red hair. I'd recognize that hair anywhere. Tendou! I smiled to myself. I got up and started walking over to him.

"Hey!" I called once I was close enough. Tendou turned around, forgetting about the ball that was mid air. "Hi-" he was cut off by the ball coming down and smacking him in the head. I covered my mouth with my hand, trying to hold in a laugh. Tendou picked up the ball and closed the distance between the two of us, laughing at himself. "Y/n! What are you doing here?" 

I didn't think that he knew my name, but thought it was silly to say anything. We were in the same year, just because I thought of myself as insignificant didn't mean that no one knew my name at all. "Its a gorgeous day and I figured I might as well enjoy it! What about you?" I said. He smiled, "I was just tossing the ball around since its the first day of break and we won't have a practice for a bit. You wanna join me?"

"I've never really played before-" I started, but Tendou cut you off. "Come on it'll be fun, besides I was looking for an excuse to hang out with you again anyway." "O-Okay!" I said, quickly turning around to hide my blushing face from him. I walked a bit away and Tendou tossed the ball to me.

I received it fairly well, sending it back to him. "See, you're already a pro! Ushijima's gonna have to watch out or you might just replace him!" He had that smile on his face again, the one I couldn't get enough of. I tossed the ball like this for an hour or two, laughing the whole time. Before you knew it, it was already evening. 

"I should start heading back home now." I said with a soft smile. "In that case why don't I walk you home, its only fair since I dragged you into playing with me." he insisted. "No no its fine! I wouldn't want to inconvenience you in any way." I grabbed my things. "Can I at least get your number? I had a lot of fun with you today, and was hoping we could, uh, maybe hang out sometime?" he placed one hand on the back of his neck, the other holding the ball.

I smiled, "Of course! I had a lot of fun today too, I'd love to hang out with you again!" and with that, we exchanged information and started my walk home. Holding my phone to my chest, I couldn't help but smiled the whole way.