Chapter Twenty Two

It is the weekend and Yoongi is at the park with Taehyung. The two are on the swings just chatting but Taehyung notices something is up with his best friend. He sighs.

'What's wrong? And don't say nothing because I can tell something's wrong. Come on, talk to me' Taehyung finally says breaking the tension.
'It's just... I don't know why I'm making such a thing about it but... ' Yoongbi rambles while playing with his fingers.
'But what..?'
'My bet with Jungkook ends  next Friday and I just... I feel like things will be different after and... I don't want it to be' Yoongi admits looking at his feet as he swings gently in the wind.
'How do you mean?'
'Well, we became friends because of the bet-'
'Yoongi, he's not going to stop being your friend when it's over, it's not that kind of bet. Plus, you're too close to just stop being friends because this ended.'
'Yeah but... You didn't let me finish' yoongbi laughs lightly.
'Oh sorry,continue! '

'Well... The bet was about how he thinks I can't date anyone right?'
'Mhm... '
'I just... Ugh I don't know how to explain it but like... I want to date him if I could but... Would he still reject me even after the bet?'
Taehyung thinks about it. He had a point. The two seemed to still be quite competitive in the bet, how would it work? Would they still stand their causes after it was done or what would happen if they were to date? He knew both could be childish and might still have strong sides to the bet, even when it's over.
Then Taehyung has an idea. He clicks his fingers loudly making the other stop swinging to look at him confused.

'That's it! I have an idea but we need to get Namjoon involved for it to work, come on, we're going to his house right now' and without even letting Yoongi utter out a word, he drags him up to his boyfriend's house to continue his plan with all three of them present.

Namjoon opens the door and is surprised to see Taehyung and Yoongi as they hadn't planned to meet but Taehyung just moves past him dragging Yoongi in. Namjoon just laughs and goes along with it. They go to the living room and sit down. Yoongi, out of breath, still confused and Namjoon intruiged.

'Right, I have an idea' Taehyung gets started immediately.
'Yeah I know that-' Yoongi rolls his eyes.
'He doesn't' Taehyung points at Namjoon.
'Yeah, someone explain why yoongi just got dragged into my house without warning' Namjoon asks.
'Right well, I just had a great idea but we all need to work together for it to work'
'Go on then, this better be worth the walk here' yoongi sulks.

'Okay so, Yoongi and Jungkook's bet ends next Friday, right?' Taehyung gets up and marches back and forth. It looked more like the army and Taehyung was a commander training the soldiers.
'Mhm' the other two hum.
'Right.. Well, yoongi wants to ask Jungkook out, right?'
'Woah I never fully confirmed-'
'Right?' Taehyung says louder, cutting him off. Yoongi just gives in and agrees. Namjoon smiles.
'Well, when you started the bet, didn't you ask him out as a joke at the beginning?'
Yoongi groans.
'Don't remind me of it, how I had the courage to do that, I don't know, I mean imagine if he'd actually said yes?! '
'Unimportant but that happened right?'
'Yes, yes it happened' yoongi sulked again thinking if his last actions, internally cringing.
'Right well how about we make this super cool and nostalgic and recreate the scene on friday' Taehyung grins. Namjoon grins back and Yoongi sits up a bit at the idea.
'What exactly are you suggesting... ' he asks putting his chin on his hand.

'Well, we could make this a super special moment for the two of you. So, Namjoon will bring him to the exact same library table you met at, you'll sit in the exact same seats. Then me and Namjoon will leave like we originally did. Then, you two will probably talk about the bet considering it's the day it's over and then well... I guess you just ask him to be your boyfriend but the exact same way you did the first time. It will be cliche I know, but it'll be quite special and a surprise don't you think? And I'm pretty sure he'll say yes so why not do it the right way!'
Yoongi looks at him, eyes wide.
'Are you serious? Do you think we should actually do that? I mean it's not TOO bad of an idea but next friday? Gosh that's so soon, I didn't plan on doing it anytime soon and what if he says no, it'd be so embarrassing!'
'Chill' Namjoon speaks up this time.
'I'm also quite sure he'd say yes and even if he doesn't, you can play it off easily. Say it was a joke and you were trying to save yourself from losing the bet last minute by getting him to date you or something like that. You'll think of something but I agree with the idea. I think you should do it. But only if you want to, we won't force of course' Namjoon adds. Yoongi thinks. He looks at the two. They looked so excited to do the plan and thinking about it, it was quite a special way to ask him out, he thinks. He also doesn't want to let the other 2 down or more importantly himself. He has to stand up and face his fears. Besides, you only live once #yoLO  it's now or never.

'Okay fine'

D r a m a

961 words ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*