Chapter Four

Just to his luck, the following day after Yoongi had just started his bet with the older, Taehyung was off sick! Yoongi unlocks his phone and sees a message from his best friend.

[Hey Yoongi! Sorryy but I'm sick and I don't think I'll be in for the rest of the week, I keep throwing up 😂 sorry I have to leave you alone like this but I'm sure you'll be fine. Plus, if you really don't have anybody, Namjoon won't mind you tagging along for a few days 😇 anyways, you're gonna be late, it's already 8, so imma go nowww, bai bai']

Yoongi sighs but doesn't mind.
[Jeez, take care of yourself, dont worry about me, I'll be fine and you know what else I'mma be if I keep this up? That's right...late so byyeyeyeyye]

And Yoongi puts his phone in his pocket and gets ready to leave for school. He arrives and heads straight to his first class.

Time skip, break again:
Yoongi decides to walk around school, find somewhere new maybe. He decides to go to the club common room. It was a new room the school had introduced. After the school council had all agreed to give the students a club room with computers and modern stuff the students could all enjoy, the school decided to add a few. One for the younger year groups (7&8), one for the middle year groups (9&10) and one for the oldest (11, 12&13 but the yr13's hardly ever used it as they had better places to be). They did this because they knew having so many different year groups in one room was just chaos waiting to erupt. Yoongi hadn't yet been in there and was intruiged. Maybe he could play some computer games to occupy himself.

He walks in and sees familiar faces. A lot of popular kids. Surprisingly, the ratio of yr 11's to 12's was more or less equal. Yoongi had expected more of his year group as maybe yr 12's would've started to mature like the 13's and go somewhere else but no, it was one big hangout. The computers are occupied so Yoongi wanders around having a look. He has to admit, the school had done reasonably well... Okay well the school COUNCIL had anyway. There were cool devices, a pool table, bean bags, music and they'd even gotten vending machines in. As he wandered round he got to the area of tables and benches where girls were either chatting and fangirling over the boys or the boys were causing chaos around. He then spots a familiar boy sat at a table on his phone. Junglebook he thinks. He decides he'll go talk to him. He spots a table of girls near him blushing and giggling whilst watching the older carefree, on his phone. He rolls his eyes and walks over.

'All alone? Who's the friendless one now?' Yoongi says putting his bag down on the table and sitting opposite Jungkook. Jungkook, surprised, looks up and sees Yoongi.
'Huh, didn't expect to see you here and for your information I'm waiting for people. Why are you sitting with me kid?'
'Eh, Taehyung's sick so I'm alone for a few days, plus, might as well let you keep an eye on me so I'm not cheating or anything' he says.
'Good idea actually'
'Yeah I know, I'm practically letting you win here.'
'Nah, even if you did try and cheat, I'd figure out and automatically win.'
'There was no rule about elimination!' Yoongi whines in protest.
'There were no rules at all little boy, but I'm in charge here so I can make them when I want to' jungkook smirks putting his phone down.
'Doesn't sound like a good lawsuit to me but alright, whatever the judge says'
'Indeed-' but their conversation is broken by a group of people.

'Uhhh who's this?'
The two look up and see a few boys stood behind Jungkook. Ah.. His popular friends Yoongi thinks to himself.
'Oh, Yoongi! Didn't expect to see you here today, ah wait, it's because Tae isn't in isn't it?' Namjoon appears behind them. Yoongi waves and smiles.
'Mhm, left me all alone so here I find myself talking to this old man' he points at Jungkook.
'Old man' jungkook quotes
'Yeah, old man, got a problem?'
'I'm your hyung, have some respect little boy'
'I only respect respectable elderly'
'I'm sure you do with that lovely attitude of yours' Jungkook smiles fakely earning a fake smile from the younger too. The rest of the boys just watch confused.

'Is it just me or am I missing something... What the hell is this?' one of them points at the two.
'Nothing, sit down guys' jungkook beckons them to sit down. Yoongi moves over and let's two of them sit next to him as Namjoon and another sit next to Jungkook.

'So, what's the shortie's name?' The one sat next to Yoongi asks.
'Firstly, I'm Yoongi, if you're not deaf or free of dementia I'd have thought you would've picked that up already if you were listening to Namjoon earlier or maybe you're just downright ignorant. Secondly, bold of you to call me short. It's not like you're towering like a skyscraper over me yourself.' Yoongi replies casually as if he wasn't talking to  year 12's most popular boys. The rest of the table look at him, jaws dropping except for Jungkook who laughed gently and Namjoon who laughed also.

'Damn, Jungkook, you've picked up a fiesty one' one says.
'Oh no he's not mine, or at least he wishes he was' jungkook teases and winks.
'Yah, in your dreams old man' yoongi huffs.
'Little boy'
'Damn grandpa'
'Babyboy'
'Alright you two! Stop flirting!'
They both stop and look at Namjoon. They were about to protest but Namjoon silences them with his finger.

'Let's just introduce the rest of the guys to Yoongi without hearing these two bicker'
'Okay, well uhh, no I'm not deaf, I'm free of dementia but I'm just ignorant! And yeah I'm not that much taller than you anyway, I'm Hoseok but you can call me Hobi for short. I'm the sunshine of the group' the one next to Yoongi says. Yoongi just smiles nodding. The one next to Hoseok leans forward to introduce himself.
'I'm Jimin, and finally I've found someone who's as short as me!'
'Yeah and he's a year younger than you Jimin, don't get too excited-' Jungkook chimes in.
'Aye, shut up you, didn't know you had a thing for boys 2 years younger than you' Jimin sasses back
'For christs sake, I don't like this kid'
'I don't like that old man'
Both say at the same time.
'Mhm... Okay well anyways, I'm Jin. The handsome one' the boy across from him says.
'Cool, nice meeting you guys I guess, but I gotta go, goodbye for now' Yoongi says, putting his bag on. He leaves and the others stare at Jungkook.

'Yeah I'm not gonna even ask about you two but uhh lil bit sus' Hoseok speaks up.
'Guys, I don't like him, jeez, I literally made a bet with him that he wouldn't be able to get anyone to date him in 2 months. Chill.' Jungkook groans.
'Wow, sounds like something you'd do to be honest. Making bets with kids, that's sad'
'Aye, but I know I'm gonna win so I'm willing to take money from that little boy'
'Have some sympathy for the youth'
'Shut up guys, anyways let's go to class'
And that's what they do.

They don't see Yoongi for the rest of the day as their year groups have lunch at different times.

Jungkook arrives home and gets changed. He walks over to his phone on his table and sees one new notification from Instagram. He unlocks his phone and checks it.

minyoongi._ is now following you

1326 words ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*