Chapter Fourteen

It's another day at school. Yoongi enters the canteen and goes to queue for food. As he is in the queue he looks around for a place to sit. Taehyung had a lunch club so he was by himself today. Before he can even process, he's at the front of the lunch queue and selects his meal. He stumbles to carry everything but regains balance. He stands scanning the room for somewhere he can sit. He didn't have many friends at all but he was alright with sitting with people he k n e w.

'Aye, kid? You gonna hurry up and move, there's a line holding up behind you'
Yoongi jumps but turns around to see the lunch lady. He nods and mumbles a 'sorry' before standing out the way and slowly walking across the canteen, looking as he went.

'Yoongi! Over here!'
He spins around and sees Jimin waving. He smiles and walks over to the table taking the seat next to Jimin. Jin, Hoseok and Jungkook are all at the table too.
'Hey losers' yoongi smiles while sitting down.
'That's no way to treat your elders' Hoseok chimes up, crossing his arms.
'You have the mental age of a child  around 6 so don't even start with the elders' yoongi scoffs while opening his milk cartoon.
'His comebacks are incredible' Jungkook smirks
'Why thank you, I've had a lot of practice on yourself, you make it incredibly easy'
Jungkook nods his head with an 'oh really' look on his face. Yoongi just nods back.

'Ooh, since most of you are here, I have a football match this weekend, you all coming?'
Jungkook asks whilst sipping his  apple juice carton.
'Yeah, man, sure. Who you playing against?'
'The southside highschool'
'Damn, this could actually be a close game'
'I know right' the others laugh. Yoongi just rolls his eyes at their football banter.

'Taehyung and Namjoon are gonna come too, so what about you Yoongi? Don't be a loner at home' jungkook looks the younger in the eye.
Yoongi looks away and scoffs trying to hide his flustered face.
'But I like JoJo much better' he shrugs. Jungkook just stares him down challenging and he just gives up.
'Eh fine' he says trying to look unbothered.
'Cool, after the game we're gonna go into the city anyway so it'll be fun'
'Sounds like a plan'
Yoongi nods sipping his strawberry milk before looking at his watch.
'Right I'm gonna go, got p.e next and I'm not gonna be last to the changing rooms again' he whines and stands up.
'See you loser, later' he clicks his fingers at them sarcastically and leaves.

As he walks away from the table he feels a lot of people watching him. Ever since he'd started hanging out with Jungkook and his friends more in school, he was getting widely recognised too. Some days he felt as if people thought of him as one of the group members. Yoongi isn't a shy person so he doesn't get bothered by the looks he receives as he walks down corridors or just around school in general but he'd just picked up on it recently and was it definitely different to what he was used to. He was slowly adjusting to it though.

Yoongi arrives early to the changing rooms and sits down to just process what had happened.
Shit, I'm now going to one of Jungkook's football matches. How on earth did I get to this point?? 4 weeks ago I only knew his name and now he's inviting me to his matches?? Aish, don't make such a big fuss, Yoongi, it's not like he asked you to go be his personal cheerleader. He's invited all his other friends, and so he invited you, chill, it's just a friendly gesture. Just go, and uhh.... What do people do at football matches again? Wow, I mean you can't blame me, I've never been to one. Not my kind of scene. Ahh I'll just message Taehyung later. He'll know what to do. Yes, I'll do that.

679 words ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*