11 | Welcome to the capital

Start from the beginning

The three didn't bother keeping track of time anymore as they allow themselves to enjoy the city festivities

On the way of exploring every merchant's stand, they find items such as silk, fur, bread, and even shoes. Laughter follows the trio, with Horns and Norman most notably acting silly or foolish as an attempt to make Narra chuckle– either that or they're just ridiculously fun. They receive a few glances of judgment when it comes to Horns, but that didn't kill the fun.

Norman fiddles with the couple dozen grey rustic coins in his hands, examining it with slight awe. Horns and Narra peer from the young boy's shoulder.

The group is in a much less rowdy area now: in the suburbs of the main city. It's peaceful here compared to the center.

“Twenty-four iron for just the weird mushrooms we picked up? Wow…” Norman mutters, earning a comment for Narra.

“Told you so.”

Silence takes over the group as Norman and Horns stare at her in surprise. There isn't anything wrong with what she said, it's just so strange to hear her say such a strange. It's fascinating, even.

“Sorry,” Narra mumbles, making the two males panic at her misunderstanding. Situations like this are to be expected, especially when Narra never really sought out to befriend new people.

“No, it's alright.”

“Ease up,”

The fiddle-faddle scenario is cut off by a woman who approached the group. A furry creature follows beside her.

“Hey, would ya look at that? It's the tavern lady.”

Strolling over is a woman with long maroon hair, styled into a half-up bun, paired with red eyes and pale skin. Her attire resembles that of someone who lives in the woods. A bow and arrow hoister residing in her back.

Narra gives her a warm smile while Horns and Norman exchange confused glances.

“Why hello Dhara,” Narra greets the female who is supposedly named Dhara.

Horns takes a step, alining himself with Narra as he wraps her arm around her waist, making the witch raise a brow at his sudden movement.

“And who is this random dame?” He asks, smirking as if claiming the witch.

“This is Dhara Redwood, she's a local customer of the tavern. Same as you, Horns. Though I don't think you two have met.” Narra explains as Horns and Dhara exchange competitive glares.

Norman inserts in the conversation.
“Is that a wolf?”

In sync, both Dhara and the wolf scowl at the young boy. He jolts, standing up straight as he introduces himself.

“N…Norman Krone!”

Her red gaze trails over to the demon, who merely shrugs and says his name.

“Horns, just Horns.”

Dhara's gaze soothes and Narra looks at Horns questionably.

He still chooses to be secretive and that's fine. He can make his own decisions. It's just a bit baffling for her.

Upon staring, similarly dark eyes meet hers. Narra's gaze snaps away, adrenaline rising through as a shade of pink covers her face. For some reason, it's started her quite a bit. The corner of Horns’ lips tugs upwards, forming a smirk.

“Well if you guys are looking for fun, would you like to go the Loon Forest with me?” Dhara offers, earning a confused look from Norman, while Horns and Narra remain as they are.