"Dean, We Need To Talk"

"What?" Dean asked, sounding confused.

I sat up and faced him.

"Why do all of our cases happen to involve children?" I asked again.

Dean sighed and came over to me. Crouching down in front of me, he took my hands in his.

"I dont know why, but children are always a big part of things. Its horrible yes, but thats just how things are," He said painfully honenest.

I sighed.

"But, I promise you," He continued. "We will get Jason back and we will do everything that we can to get him back to normal."

I attacked Dean in a hug.

"Thank you," I whispered.

He wrapped his arms around me, enveloping me in a tight hug.

"I'll always be here for you," He whispered back. "Always."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A month later and we were still at the Stardust Hotel. Its weird, staying at a hotel when we usually stay at a motel.

We ended up not leaving because we didnt know where to go next. We havent found any cases or any leads on Jason. We just didnt know what to do.

didnt know what to do. I found out something and I honestly just dont know what to do about it or what Dean will do about it. It could ruin everything, especially my relationship with him.

I was sitting out on the balcony of our room, enjoying the sun on my skin and the fresh air.

I needed to talk to Cas, I havent seen him for so long.

"Cas," I said quietly.

I looked up at the clear blue sky.

"Cas, I need to speak with you, and soon," I said closing my eyes.

I kept my eyes closed, wondering if he'll be here any second or in a couple days.

I sighed and slowly opened my eyes. I jumped at the sight of Cas standing directly in front of me.

"Is something wrong?" He asked.

The first thing I noticed was a bruise under his right eye.

"What happened Cas?" I asked standing up. 

I brushed my finger lightly along the bruise.

"Nothing," He said dismissively. "It'll be gone in a few minutes, now is something wrong?"

"Not in the sense that you think," I said.

"I dont understand," He said.

Before I could say anything else, he narrowed his blue eyes at me as if he was trying to figure out something.

"There's something different about you," He said accusingly. "Something I'm not quite sure what it is."

Totally confused, my eyebrows knitted together.

"Now I dont understand," I said sighing.

Cas shook his head.

"Nevermind that now," He said quickly. "I have to go, but I need to give you something."

"Wait, what?" I asked confused.

I just called him here and he was already leaving. Thats unlike him, especially when its with me.

"You took me away from something important, this is why I've been gone for so long," He explained. "I was trying to get here sooner, but I couldnt. I need to give you something."

"Give me what?" I asked.

"These," He said pulling a pair of glasses out of his trench coat.

He laid them in my flat palm. They were simple with a black rim and slightly large, but its the kind that I like.

"Umm, Cas, I dont need glasses," I said with a frown.

With a small smilel that I only see when he's talking to me, he started to explain to me what they were.

"These glasses have been scorched in holy oil, they have one purpose and one purpose only," He explained. 

"And whats that?" I questioned.

"They show you hellhounds," He said.

"Cas, why would I need to be able to see hellhounds?" I asked.

"Where theres a demon, theres a hellhound," He said closing my fingers around the glasses loosly.

"I still dont understand," I said beyond confused.

Cas leaned in to whisper in my ear.

"You will, when the time comes," He whispered.

Before I could say anything else, he was gone.

Just from being curious, I slipped the glasses over my ears, and looked around. I dont know what exactly what I was looking for, but I liked them in a weird way.

Maybe it was because they gave me a sense of saftey. Maybe it was because Cas gave them to me. Maybe it was just because I've always just liked glasses. I'm not sure, but whatever, according to Cas they're suppose to come in handy.

"Ash?" I heard Dean behind me.

I turned around to see Deans eyes widen in surprise.

"Whats up with the glasses?" He asked.

Forgetting that I had been wearing them, I quickly took them off.

"Cas gave them to me," I said handing them to him to check out.

"Why?" He asked.

"I honestly have no idea," I said truthfully. "He just said I'll know when I need to use them."

"What do they do?"

"They make hellhounds visable," I said with a small shrug.

"Wow," He said putting them on.

I have to admit, Dean wearing glasses was quite sexy. He took them off and handed it back to me. I slipped them into my pocket for safe keeping.

Then I remembered why I had called Cas in the first place. Even though I wasnt able to talk to him about it, I still needed to tell him.

Sighing, I took a few steps towards him and pushed him backwards so that we were back into the room.

"Dean, we need to talk," I said quietly.

"Uh oh, that doesnt sound good," He said trying to lighten the mood.

A weak smile appeard on my lips as I sat down at the end of the bed.

"Babe, whats wrong?" Dean asked sitting next to me.

I sighed again.

I dont think I've ever been this nervous before. Never, not once.

"Dean, I dont know how your going to take this," I said softly, refusing to meet his gaze. "I dont know what you'll do once you know. I dont know if you'll leave or stay or how the end result will turn out."

"Ashley, you're scaring me, what is it?" He asked taking my shaky hands in his warm ones.

I bit my lip as my vision blurred from tears. I refused to cry, refused to let the tears fall.

"Dean," I said, voice cracking. "I'm pregnant."