Chapter 34

ELARA

Draco held me close as we walked slowly towards the crowd of people, Severus and Cissy came rushing through the crowd and threw their arms around us.

"I'm so proud of you Elara I knew you could do it" Severus whispered onto the top of my head sealing it with a kiss as I smiled up at him.

Someone cleared their throat behind and we turned to face Weasley and Granger "I can't believe you did it" Granger said quietly and I scoffed and rolled my eyes making her panic "No Elara thank you honestly I mean it, Harry isn't dead by the way Madame Pomfrey found a pulse he's been rushed to St Mungo's. I thought you'd like to know, he told us you promised you'd finish it if he couldn't" she finished.

I nodded my head and smiled as Weasley pulled me in for a bone crushing hug.

"I'd advise you to get your bloody hands off my witch weasel" I heard Draco seeth and I laughed as I pulled away.

"Kingsley" Severus greeted him as he came over shaking his hand. He turned to me and bowed his head "The wizarding world will never be able to repay you Miss Gaunt, I believe I will be taking the position of Minister of Magic. There will always be a job for you at the ministry if you so wish please do not hesitate to contact me" he said shaking my hand.

"Thank you" I smiled politely at him turning back to Severus as Kingsley walked away.

"My parents? I haven't seen them since the start" I said to him and he smiled awkwardly "Dead, everything is yours Elara".

My heart lurched at the fact but then reality set in, I killed the man they were sworn to. The man they chose over me, they would never have praised me for it.

Their deaths makes me the only living Gaunt, and when I get married and change my name the heritage dies there. Although I won't grumble at the fact I am now a very rich woman, the property I want to purchase around the world just became real.

Draco rubbed my back and I leant my head on his chest "Elara" Pansy and Daphne called out to me. I ran in to their arms as we cried "You did it El, you're a fucking badass" Pansy giggled through her tears and I shook my head laughing "Fuck sake Pans".

"My father is dead" Pansy blurted out and I nodded "Same, mother too. Maybe you could move in with me? Maybe all of us should move in together" I beamed around at my friends who all agreed.

Severus cleared his throat "The school will be rebuilt if you wanted to come back for seventh year" he said with raised eyebrows at all of us.

I scoffed and scrunched my face up "I think I speak for all of us when I say, fuck no" I laughed as my friends chuckled around me.

"Yeah thanks but no thanks Sevvy" Blaise chimed in and I snorted when Severus smacked him upside the head "Don't ever call me that again" he hissed shaking his head.

Lucius approached the group warily holding his arms out to Draco who embraced him willingly, Lucius beamed at me and gestured me to join wrapping his free arm around my shoulders "I'm so proud of both of you, you are finally free to live as you please" he smiled softly and Cissy sniffled happy tears beside us.

"What happened to Bella?" I asked and Lucius cringed looking towards Cissy who looked to the floor "Dead" he whispered and I sighed softly hugging Cissy, "I know she was a pain in the arse but I loved her too Cissy don't be ashamed to grieve for her" I whispered in her ear as she nodded her head "I know you did sweetheart and she did you, thank you" she said kissing my cheek.

After an hour of taking thanks from people I sat on a bench with my head in my hands, the scene with Tom replaying over and over in my mind when Cissy sat next to me taking my hands in hers "It's okay to grieve him darling take your own advice, I know he was an awful man but I know you cared deeply for each other nobody else saw the both of you as closely as I did" she spoke quietly just between the two of us.