She answers without taking her eyes off the menu. "This is tame compared to how it can get. Enjoy it while you can. Even though you are a part of the group they are still trying to be on their best behavior." 

Bring it on boys. 

I glance around the restaurant and am happy to see that no one is paying any attention to us. Aubree was right truck stops really are the best place to go into and stay hidden. They also seem to be enjoying the time of it just being them and not all the extra people that tend to follow them. 

An older waitress comes to our table and takes our orders. I don't miss the glint in her eyes when she sees the rockers. Though I don't think she knows who they are. More like she was enjoying the view before her. Not that I can blame her.

Once she leaves I feel like I'm under a microscope because six pairs of eyes gaze at me unwavering.

"So who's going to be the bad guy?" Mason asks. Bad guy? Are the about to tell me that they don't want me around? My eyes darted from face to face searching for hints as to what they were thinking. 

Lucan hits him upside his head, "way to go jackass. With that comment you sir are the bad guy." Mason looks at me sheepishly and with downcast eyes.

Dimitri reaches for my hand and I hold on for dear life. 

"I don't understand," I stammer meeting Dimitri's concerned gaze. He raises the hand he was holding and kisses it.

"Mason if you are trying to ask, but not ask why Sky was so upset earlier that's not how you go about doing so," Dimitri says with a shake to his head. "For being a self proclaimed ladies man you sure don't know how to talk to women."

"Oh I get it now," Mason says and then whispers, "she's on her time of the month."

This time Aubree stares daggers at him and I watch her pick up her fork. Ryder reaches over to place his hand on her and shakes his head, "not worth it Aubree. He won't learn."

Tray's laugher floats around the table, "dude I may have never been in a relationship before, but even I know to never say anything like that. And I have said plenty of stupid shit."

Wanting to put an end to this I say, "no Mason I'm not on my period. But when I am you owe me a tampon and chocolate run."

He starts to slide down his chair, "do I have to?"

"Either that or I'll release Aubree on your ass." Ryder inputs.

"Fine," he says crossing his arms in front of his chest and pouting. Everyone laughs at Mason. 

"Since the guys wont ask I will," Lucan says softening his eyes, "what happened Sky? Aubree called Dimitri in hysterics and we were all worried about you."

I sigh and launch into my story, "I got a call from the school district I work at."

"That's right," Tray interrupts, "you're a teacher. That's hot." He holds his hand up to fist bump Dimitri. "You don't have to act out the fantasy you get to live it." Dimitri does not return the jester instead he shakes his head. Tray lowers his fist, "I've  taken Mason's spot at being the bad guy haven't I?"

Everyone glares at Tray, but I laugh knowing he was only trying to lighten the mood. Tray catches my attention and winks. He's really going to make someone very lucky when he's ready to stop the games and settle down. Just don't know how long that is going to be. He has his own demons he needs to sort out before he can open his heart to someone else.

Continuing with my story I say, "like I was saying," I pause for a second to glare at Tray, but laughter dances in my eyes, "the Superintendent called me to basically force my resignation. But of course they did it in a professional manner and didn't come out and stay it directly. Instead they said they couldn't guarantee my or anyone at the schools safely while I was dating Dimitri. So because of that it would be better if I didn't return in the fall."