Forgive and Forget

Start from the beginning

"God I didn't know this was going to happen. I thought she was in trouble so-"

"What the hell did you do?" I said through my clamped teeth.

"Sh-she didn't tell you did she." He said placing his hand on the window by Rhiver's room.

"No she didn't, so maybe you should tell us."

"Rhiver needed the money. Her mother was struggling so a guy on tour told her about drug trafficking overseas. He promised her she wouldn't get caught and it makes easy money. In the end she owed the guy money, 50 grand to be exact. The guy earnie called me asking where she was and I-"

"You told him were she was!?" I said getting angrier by the second.

"He said he would kill me! I knew it was a mistake when he got off the phone with me so i got on a plane and came straight here but i was too late. They shot her. I was the last person she saw before...."

He peered over at the window. Rhiver was now stabilized and the nurses and doctors had dispersed from the room.

"I should kill you." I said clenching my fists. "This is all your fault. You got her killed. She's never going to be the same because of YOU!"

"Im sorry." He said lifting his hat and positioning it in a different place. "I tried to help I really did."

I don't know what happened after that because I blacked out. Brian told me I punched the poor guy in the face and practically broke his nose. I didn't care. He practically killed Rhiver. He deserves it. But maybe i should have gotten punched in the face in the first place since this is my fault too.

---------------------------

Over the next weeks i hadn't gotten much sleep. I would visit the hospital with Pat everyday and even got to meet Rhiver's mother. It broke my heart when she first visited.

Today i had to make an announcement to the entire camp about Rhiver since she is not going to be teaching for a long time.

I got up in front of the studio and stood awkwardly for a few minutes waiting for everyone to pile in. I cleared my throat before making my speech.

"Hey. As you all know, Rhiver has not been here for awhile. Now i know all of you, you like rumors but right now im going to tell you whats really going on." I looked at Mona and Pat for support and they nodded, signaling me to go on. I tried to think of an easy way to break the news but there is no easy way to tell people that their beloved teacher has been shot.

"Rhiver had been in an accident, she was shot." Gasps and murmurs flooded over the studio. I waited until the crowd went silent to continue.

"The bullet had shot through her spine making her full recovery very slim which means she might not be able to walk if-" i stopped myself. I need to give her hope, there is no "if" she wakes up.

"...WHEN she wakes up. We are all struggling right now and if you guys need someone to talk to about all of this, we are here." I paused looking at all of their faces. Some crying, some still shocked, and some hiding their faces into their hands.

"I haven't gotten much sleep." i said staring at myself in the mirror in front if me.

"...but i wanted to share something with you guys. I found this video before the incident happened." I plugged in the camcorder into the tv and turned the television on.

On the screen was Rhiver looking as gorgeous as ever, her hair up in a bun, flowy white tank and light makeup on.

"Hey guys!" She said with a bright cheery face.

"Just wanted to let all of you know that I am so thankful for all of you. You guys make my life amazing and I would be nothing without you guys. This video is to show my thanks to all f you. So yeah here we go." She said clearing her throat and making a funny face into the camera.

"Number one is my mom. Mom you have been my number one inspiration and are so strong. You have made me the person i am today.

Number two is my father, ill see you one day, and i know you will be waiting for me up there. I know you are with me when im dancing because i can almost feel you.

Number three is Pat. You are my big brother and are like my second dad. I know i don't tell you this alot but you are my rock, and i love you."

Pat had to excuse himself out of the room. You could hear muffled sobs outside of the door as the video went on.

"Number four is Mona. You have been by my side every step of the way and you don't know how much that means to me. I can't wait to choreograph a duet with you!"

That hit all of us hard.

"And lastly Ian. Ian i know you like to keep to yourself sometimes but I like when you let me in. You make me laugh and smile and...oh god im blushing. But I love you Ian, and i always will."

"What are you doing?" I hear my own voice come through the recording.

"Makings video!" She said as I walked through the door.

"Whats it about?" I said playing with the camera.

"People that i love." She smiled and ruffled my hair.

"Oh so me." I said smirking.

"Mhm now lets go im hungry." She laughed and grabbed my arm.

"Your always hungry." I giggled and put my arm around her. The tape ended and i tried to compose myself as the lights went on.

I sniffed and wiped a year from my eye.

"If you would like you could pay a visit to Rhiver on certain days and hours. A schedule will be posted outside the door. Thank you for your cooperation." I tried my best to smile and returned to the back room.

"Hey man." Brian said giving me a pat on my shoulder. "We are going to get through this." I slumped down on the letter love seat.

"But what happens if...if he doesn't-"

"She is going to wake up." Mona said kneeling towards me. Her face was streaked with tears and her eyes were bloodshot. "I know Rhiver, she dosnt give up without a fight. She will wake up, maybe not tomorrow, but she will. I promise you that."

The door creaked open and all heads turned to where Olivia was standing.

"Can you guys excuse us for a second." She said softly. When everybody piled out, Olivia sat next to me but didn't look at me as if there was a wall between us.

"Hey." She mumbled under her breath.

"Hey."

"You really do love her don't you." She said placing her hands on the arm of the couch and rolling her suitcase closer to her.

"More than my own life. If i could i would trade places with her in a second." I licked my lips and half smiled towards her.

She placed a hand on my knee and rubbed her thumb along the lining of my jeans.

"You should be with her then. I knew you loved her from the way you looked at her." There was an awkward silence between us.

"Im leaving in a few hours." She said getting up from her spot.

"I guess this is it." I said pushing my hair back.

"Yeah...take care Ian." She smiled and pulled the bar of the suitcase until it made a click sound.

"Take care Olivia." I smiled back. I watched her walk towards the door and open it.

"Olivia?" I said right before she left.

"Yeah?"

"Im sorry."

"Don't be sorry. You have nothing to be sorry about." She made a tiny giggle and went on her way.

All that was left was to wait. Wait for Rhiver to wake up and start her life again.