Zianourry - Mine (Part 3)

Zayn walked in on his boys sitting around the table, heads huddled close, talking in low, serious tones. He furrowed his brows in curiosity as he approached the group huddle and placed a hand on Liam's back since he was closest. Liam shot up straight in his seat and turned to Zayn with the look of a kid that got caught taking an extra cookie, but he softened when he saw it was only Zayn.

"What's going on?"

The others backed away from each other and settled into their chairs with expressions ranging from smirking lips to bright smiles to wide, unsure eyes.

Harry was the first to speak. "Zayn!" he cheered. "Glad you're here. We have been talking."

Zayn didn't know if he liked the sound of that. He knew he got a little jealous sometimes, clingy maybe, but he never thought it warranted a talk before. They must have seen his worried face because Niall stood up and put a hand on the side of Zayn's neck. "Not like that. Don't worry. Here, come sit down." He led Zayn to his prior seat and stood next to him with a light, but comfortable hand on his shoulder.

"What's going on?" Zayn asked again. That's all his mind could really force out. He was so confused as to what the four of them would be talking about without him.

"Niall? You mind?" Liam asked and nodded his head behind Zayn somewhere. Niall perked up and nodded before running off into one of the suite's rooms. "So like we said," Liam began again to Zayn, "we've been talking. About you. About the way that you are sometimes." He shrugged like he meant the way Zayn sometimes wears beanies or sometimes watches MMA.

"What do you mean?"

"You're a jealous, possessive boyfriend," Louis filled in for him, not unkindly, but with a tone of fact. When Zayn bristled at the words Louis placated him. "I mean, we love it. Always leads to good sex, but you know you don't have to worry."

Zayn rolled his shoulders as Niall reappeared with a big brown paper bag at his side. He pulled the extra chair out and sat next to Zayn, keeping the bag on his other side and out of Zayn's line of sight. "I know." Zayn flicked nonexistent dust from his joggers. "But I can't help it sometimes. I just wish everyone could know you're mine and stop fucking touching you," he finished the admission with a sharp tone.

"We get it," Harry assured him, "and you know that we are yours. Always." Zayn nodded, but his head bowed to his chest in embarrassment. "I know," Harry continued," with all the people we're around everyday, interviewer's constant interest in our love lives, fans that seem to think they're in love with us even though we've never met. It's a lot." Harry looked to Niall for a meaningful second before nodding.

Niall picked up the bag and placed it in the center of the table. Zayn watched silently, slightly scared of what it could be. "So we got you, well us, something to help remind you that we belong to you. No matter what." Niall stood up and reached for the bag, but halted and turned to Zayn. "Close your eyes."

Zayn pursed his lips, but did as he was told. Then chairs started moving and the bag started rustling. Zayn squeezed his lids shut so he wouldn't be tempted to peek. He could hear them moving, all their hands busy, but not much else was discernible.

"Zee, open your eyes," Louis said, an unsure smile in his voice. The boys were lined up on the opposite side of the table, looking at Zayn with love and joy. And on each of their necks was a different and quite fitting collar. His eyes didn't know where to look first, so, for a minute, they just shifted wildly from neck to neck, taking it all in. Zayn felt himself fatten up under the table from the sight.

"Fuck," he finally whispered.

Harry actually clapped then. "I knew you'd like it. I told you guys."