"I hate you. You didn't even use your powers." Jaemin grumbled, throwing his spear away and pouting on the floor. Jungwoo chuckled and drew back his spear. He crouched down and lifted up Jaemin's chin.

"Don't whine on the battlefield. You can't win everyone with aegyo like me." He said making Jaemin whine out extra loud.

"Jungwoo hyung's not gonna kill you but I will if you don't shut up." Haechan shouted. Jaemin rolled his eyes. 

"It's not fair! You're good at combat and you're a gumiho too! Jungwoo hyung, you're too perfect!" Jaemin complained, kicking his legs. Jungwoo and Taeil chuckled at his tantrums while Jeno was holding back Haechan from clobbering him up.

"But.." Everyone looked at Jaemin, "Why's your hair still black?" 

Jungwoo stopped smiling. Taeil and Haechan looked at him nervously with Jeno sending warning looks to Jaemin who looked confused at the reactions he was receiving. Jungwoo let out a small tired smile.

"Here." He handed his spear to Jaemin and walked away out of the hall. They looked at the retreating figure silently. Then, the three turned to glare at Jaemin who winced.

"What? I just asked him a question." Jaemin defended himself. 

"You can't ask him about that!" Jeno said, slapping Jaemin on the shoulders. Jaemin let out a yelp and rubbed his pain away.

"Why? Is it a sensitive topic? I'm not a gumiho so I don't know." Jaemin said, still scared of the glares. Haechan sighed. 

"That's cause he wasn't one either." Jaemin squinted his eyes.

"Not what?"

"A gumiho. Jungwoo wasn't a gumiho before." Taeil explained. 

"What? How does that work? Did he just turn into one? Like magic?" Jaemin asked, genuinely confused. Haechan and Taeil looked at each other. 

"It's a long story. But Jungwoo became one because of a gumiho's sacrifice." Taeil said. 

"Sacrifice? You mean that gumiho's dead because of Jungwoo hyung?" 

"Stop asking questions. Jungwoo hyung is sensitive about it." Jeno hissed at Jaemin. Jaemin pouted. It wasn't his fault he didn't know about it. 

Jungwoo was standing outside the hall. He didn't leave yet for some reason. His face was stoic, emotionless. He left after hearing Jaemin's last question. 

He walked out of the building, down the steps, out of the courtyard. He walked on until he reached a secluded spot on the hill behind the residence. The place was a small cliff overseeing the capital with a rocky path leading to it. Jungwoo stood in silence, not particularly focusing on anything. 

He stepped back and went to a tree. He crouched down and removed some twigs and rocks, uncovering a small long chest. He opened it, seeing the bow and three arrows which were always in the chest. He took it out and walked back to the edge. He gripped onto the bow hard. 

"Ahjusshi... can you please give me some money? My little brother is really sick." A young Jungwoo begged while tugging at a rich man's robes. The man looked at him with disgust and pulled back his robe making Jungwoo stumble over. 

"Damn kids. Why did your parents even give birth to you when all you do is disrupt others." The man grumbled and walked away but not before kicking away at Jungwoo's stomach. Jungwoo let out a yelp at the pain. He sniffled but he didn't cry. He can't.

"Hyung? Is hyung hurt?" A smaller child walked up to him. He sat down and cupped Jungwoo's face and looked at him with wide innocent eyes.