Time Waster # 37 -- Summer School

Start from the beginning

Cami: Sad, isn't it? *Sits down at an empty seat in the front*.

Mr. Parker: *Rolls his eyes and turns back to the board* Alright everyone, I'd like for you to copy down these equations, then solve them. The first five people to finish get a prize.

Cami: What's the prize?

Mr. Parker: Does it matter?

Cami: Only if it's food. Otherwise, I won't bother trying.

Mr. Parker: *Sighs* It's candy.

Cami: I LOVE CANDY! *Quickly starts scribbling down the equations in her notebook*.

*WITH THE ENGLISH CLASS*

Sal: Psst! Cheyenne! What's an adverb, again?

Cheyenne: Seriously? No wonder you failed this class.

Sal: *Scowls* Forget you, then.

Cheyenne: *Sighs* It's on that little poster above the white board, blind one.

Sal: Ohhh. Shut up.

*ONE HOUR LATER*

Teacher: Alright class, is everyone done? *Waits for most of the class to nod* Alright then, when I call your name I'd like you to come up and write an example on the board for an adverb, noun, adjective, and so on. You'll be assigned the word. *Assigns a couple of kids to the words* Sal, you'll have the noun.

Sal: *Jumps up from her chair* YES! IN YOUR FACE, BUTT PICKLES!

Students: *Stare at Sal like she's crazy*.

Sal: *Clears her throat and straightens herself out* I mean, I'd be glad to. *Walks up to the board and writes bombon the board.

Teacher: Why am I not surprised?

*TWO HOURS LATER - AFTER SCHOOL*

Sal: *Is waiting with Cheyenne for Cami to come out of the building*.

Cami: *Slams the door open and stomps over to Cheyenne and Sal*.

Cheyenne: What's wrong?

Cami: WHO THE HECK DECIDED TO MIX UP MATH WITH THE ALPHABET!? I AM PERSONALLY GOING TO HIT THAT PERSON IN THE FACE! ... WITH A CHAIR! ... TWICE!

Sal: *Bites back a smile* Just relax.

Cami: RELAX!? HOW THE CRAP AM I SUPPOSED TO RELAX!? I HATE MATH! I HATE THE HEAT! AND TO TOP IT ALL OFF, I HAVE SERIOUS ANGER PROBLEMS THAT I ONLY HAVE PROBLEMS CONTROLLING IN TWO SITUATIONS - WHEN I HAVE LACK OF SLEEP, OR WHEN I AM STUCK IN HEAT LIKE THIS! IT'S LIKE THIS ENTIRE TOWN IS AN OVEN FOR A GIANT AND WE'RE ALL HIS GINGERBREAD MEN AND WOMEN!

Cheyenne: *Whistles*.

Cami: *Glares*.

Cheyenne: Sorry...

Sal: Will ice cream make you feel better? Don't forget that your mom is taking us to get some.

Cami: NO ICE CREAM WILL NOT -- *Sees her mom pull up and squeals* LET'S GO! *Runs to the car and practically leaps into the backseat*.

Cheyenne: Is she bipolar or something?

Sal: No. Just seriously, mentally screwed up.

Cheyenne: *Nods and climbs into the backseat with Sal*.

*THE NEXT DAY - AFTER SUMMER SCHOOL*

Cami: PLEASE!

Sal: I don't know if I'll have the time! I'm already swamped with English homework!

Cami: Swamped?

Sal: It's what cool people say.

Cami: Exactly, so why in the world are you saying it?

Sal: Hey!

Cami: *Snickers*.

Sal: *Slaps the back of Cami's head*.

Cami: Ow! Okay, I'm sorry! But please? I'll help you with your English stuff if you help me with my math!

Sal: Ugh, fine. But you better not teach me the wrong stuff!

Cami: Pah-lease, I wouldn't go that far! Not in educational circumstances!

Sal: *Raises an eyebrow*.

Cami: At least, not again anyways...

Sal: Mhm.

*ONE WEEK LATER - I KNOW I'M SKIPPING A LOT, BUT IT'S BORING STUFF ANYWAY*

Cami: *Is laying on the floor in the gym, spread out like a star fish* I miss Darren.

Sal: *Is laying the same way as Cami, but in the opposite direction with her head resting on Cami's shoulder* *Sighs sadly* And I miss Zack.

Cheyenne: *Walks over with a volleyball* Why are you two being so dramatic?

Sal: We're not.

Cheyenne: Right. That's why you sigh loud and sadly almost every ten seconds. What's the problem?

Cami: *Stands up with Sal* We miss our boyfriends, okay!?

Cheyenne: So? I miss Alfred but I'm not moping around during our free day in the gym. They haven't even been gone that long and besides, they really needed a vacation from all this criminal-like stuff we do.

Cami: But-- *Gets cut off by a soccer ball getting smacked into her face* OW!

Random Guy: *Runs over* I'm so sorry! I swear it was an accident!

Cami: *Picks up the soccer ball and rubs her face* You butt pickle!

R.G.: Uh... what?

Sal: Seriously, don't ask what that is. You really don't wanna hear our debates on it.

R.G.: *Nods while still looking confused* Anyway, sorry about that. Mind if I have the soccer ball back?

Cami: *Grins evilly* If I can play, too.

Sal: Oh mother of tacos. Just say n-

R.G.: Sure! *Leads Cami to the group of kids playing soccer*.

Sal: That idiot. He should have listened to me. Whatever happens to him is all his fault.

Cheyenne: What do you mean?

Sal: Cami's revenge is typically painful.

Cheyenne: I thought you were the one who did painful revenge.

Sal: Only if someone's too close to the explosives. Otherwise, I just like to cause people massive humiliation.

Cheyenne: ...

R.G.: *Gets hit in the face with a soccer ball* OUCH! SON OF A SANDWICH THAT HURT! WHO THE HECK KICKED THE -- *sees Cami rolling around on the ground while laughing hysterically* Of course.

Sal: *Sighs and walks over* I apologize for her behavior. Heat makes her crazy, and she's kind of love-sick right now. That's why she's such a nut ball.

Cami: Hey! I am not love-sick!

Sal: Darren's going to be gone until August.

Cami: *Bursts into tears* YOU'RE SO MEAN!

Sal: I don't know if I should laugh or not.

Cheyenne: You're such a cruel person.

Sal: I know...

Cheyenne: Are those real tears?

Sal: Hard to tell. She can make herself cry just aout whenever she wants.

Cami: I hate you all.

Sal: Ah. Only half real.

Cami: *Glares*.

----