51

real life

onyx was still at jeremy's from the night before. charlie had gone home, giving up on trying to get onyx to talk to him. he knew she was mad and the only thing he could do was give her space.

standing at the fridge, onyx opened it. her eyes scanned the shelves, landing on the half case of bud light. she grabbed a can, staring at it. hearing jeremy's voice behind her, she shoved it back in its place and closed the fridge. "you okay?"

"yeah," the girl lied.

"it's okay, onyx," jeremy squeezed her shoulder.

"i know. it's just so hard, jeremy," onyx sighed. "it's like i can't breathe some days. it's so hard not t-to fall into it again. and i did. and i hate myself for it."

"don't," jeremy snapped. "don't do that. you caved. so what? get up and try again. and i know it's easier said than done, but you have so many people who love you and who are here to help you."

"you know? charlie's the only person i've ever been with that i wasn't tempted to drink when around him. he makes me feel safe and like i can do anything."

"you can do anything," jeremy stated. "charlie loves you and whatever he did or didn't do, leave it in the past. he wants to spend his life with you. why else would he ask you to marry him?"

"thanks, jer," onyx hugged her brother. "i guess i'll go talk to him."

"hey," onyx entered her apartment to charlie sitting on the couch.

"hi," he softly smiled at the girl. onyx plopped herself down next to charlie.

"i'm sorry," she blurted out. "i overreacted. i know you trust me and i know you didn't mean what you said."

"onyx, i'm the one that should be sorry. i brought up your past and i shouldn't have. you had every right to get upset like you did. i made you feel-"

"charlie, i'm telling you it's okay. the only thing i'm concerned about right now is why your lips are not on mine." charlie chuckled, pressing his lips to onyx's.

"are you feeling any better?" charlie hinted to the hangover she had earlier in the day.

"kinda. i'm really tired." the boy pulled onyx in by her waist, laying her head on his shoulder. they laid on the couch, watching the same show they watched the first night they hung out, supernatural.

onyx drifted to sleep quickly, charlie watching her intently. charlie kissed her forehead, "i love you, onyx," he mumbled.

instagram post

Liked by sacha_carlson and 592,197 others

tagged carolynnshada, jeremyshada

onyxshada thanks for keeping me company last night. love you both so much 🖤

view more comments

carolynnshada always there for you

user is everything okay?
reply: onyxshada all good :) thanks, love 💓

charles_gillespie i love you onyx

jeremyshada here for you always, onyx ❤️

user hope you're doing good!

user carolynn looks so good in this pic 🤩
reply: onyxshada right? 🤤

a/n

well, the drama didn't last long... i promise there's actually wedding stuff coming up 🤍🤍