39

imessage

unknown
onyx

unknown
hey

onyx
who is this

unknown
danny
read 2:13PM
unknown
onyx please

onyx
thought you hated me

unknown
i told you i could never
hate you.

onyx
why are you texting me

unknown
just wanted to check up
on you and see how you
were.

onyx
i have a boyfriend
onyx
also pls stop commenting
on his posts of me. it
makes him uncomfortable

unknown
i miss you
read 2:22PM
unknown
onyx please text me back

onyx
stop texting onyx

unknown
charlie?

onyx
no, jeremy
onyx
leave my sister alone
she's happy with charlie.

unknown
she's just gonna cheat on
him anyways

onyx
you prick
onyx
you know nothing about
my life anymore. that was
two years ago

unknown
and six years ago

onyx
i'm not who i was then
onyx
i love charlie

unknown
you loved me too

onyx
a different kind of love
onyx
bye danny

unknown
just talk to me
read 2:26PM
unknown
onyx
read 2:26PM

real life

jeremy watched as onyx's eyebrows furrowed. "everything okay?" he asked her.

"yeah, some random number just texted me."

"what'd they say?"

"they just said hey."

jeremy chuckled, "just ask who it is." onyx took the boy's advice and texted back, asking who the mysterious number is.

"oh my god."

"what?" jeremy looked from the girl to her phone reading the name danny. "is he fucking serious?" onyx left the boy on read, him texting again shortly after. "are you gonna text him back?"

"i don't know. should i?"

"i guess if you want to."

" i don't necessarily want to but i doubt he'll stop if i don't." onyx texted the boy back. they went back and forth a few times. jeremy snatched the phone from his sister's hand. "jer, give it back."

"no, he's being a prick."

"all he said was that he wanted to check up on me. he's not being a prick," onyx giggled.

"no. no no no. don't do this. you're with charlie. you're happy with charlie."

"what? i didn't-"

"you're defending him again. remember the last time you defended him?"

"do you really think that low of me, jeremy? do you really think i would let him back in? cheat on charlie?" onyx was fuming with anger.

"no, i just don't- nevermind." jeremy got up, leaving the living room of charlie and onyx's apartment.

charlie sat down next to his girlfriend, realizing how flustered and angry she looked. "what's wrong?"

"jeremy."

"what did he do?" charlie was determined to find out why onyx was upset.

onyx felt her phone vibrate again. she groaned, knowing who it was. "who is that?"

"no one," she rolled her eyes, leaving danny on read again.

"obviously it's somebody," onyx ignored the boy. "onyx, what the fuck?"

"what?" she snapped. "i told you. it's nobody." charlie snatched the phone out of her hand, just as jeremy had minutes earlier, and scrolled to the top of the messages.

"danny? are you fucking kidding me, onyx?" he threw the phone down on the couch before getting up and walking away to him and onyx's shared bedroom. onyx called after him, charlie ignoring every shout.

jeremy sat down in his original spot. "go talk to him. he probably just saw danny's name and didn't actually see what you said." onyx sighed, knowing he was right.

she knocked lightly on the door, opening it and slipping into the room. "hey," she smiled softly at her boyfriend.

"what?"

"charlie, did you even see what i was saying to him?"

"n-no," he hesitated.

"do you want to read it?"

"not really," he huffed, rolling his eyes.

onyx took out her phone, pulling up the texts. she gave charlie her phone, "just read." he took a minute to read through the texts before handing onyx her phone back.

he mumbled, "sorry. i was a jerk."

"it's okay. i understand why."

"no, i didn't even give you a chance to explain."

"charlie, really, it's okay."

"i never liked that guy. from the minute you guys fought about me on thanksgiving that day. he was such a jerk."

"guess he had a right not to believe me. he knew something that i didn't in that moment."

"and what would that be?"

"that i loved you."

a/n

i'm sorry i lied MORE DRAMA hehe i think the ending is a little cheesy/dramatic so imma just post before i delete it and restart it buttttt i hope you guys like it lmao !!!