Distance

One month later

I had just gotten home from the hospital two weeks ago, my wrist was feeling better, but my leg has another two weeks in a cast, then I can start physical therapy. my parents went back home after got home. Even though I was discharged I spent most of my time in the NICU with Marco. He was getting stronger every day last week he finally opened those beautiful brown eyes. Just when I thought I couldn't love him more he looked at me.

I spent most of the days here alone, Antonio has been working like crazy to find the guy who did this, but I was getting worried and I felt guilty because I knew what I asked him to do egged him on, but right now I just wanted him home and lately he hasn't been coming home or he would come on really late. Gaby has been a great help on her days off she would come over and help me around the house, even though I told her she didn't have to. But she wouldn't take no for an answer.

I was reading to Marco when Isaac came into the nursery

"Hey how are you doing?"

"I'm doing ok."

"That's good you look good." He said and I felt a little uncomfortable from the way he looked at me

"How is Marco?"

"He's doing well thanks for asking."

"That's great, you know I think he looks like you."

"No way you should see him, and Diego together their twins. Well triplets I guess because they both look like Antonio." I said with a smile

"Hmm if you say so. You know I haven't seen him around much lately."

"He's working on a big case; the sooner he finishes the more time he has." I lied but I didn't feel comfortable talking to him about the state of my relationship. My memory was still fuzzy, but I really can't put my finger on it, but something is just off about him now. He's been really nice, but I just don't feel right being around him.

"If you want my opinion, he should be with you and the baby taking care of you. That's what I'd being doing if I was in his position."

"But you're not." I turned to see a tired Antonio standing in the doorway of the NICU, he walked over to Isaac and got in his face

"Antonio." I warned

"You stay the hell away from my family." He spoke

"I was just being her friend; she needs one with you being gone all the time didn't you forget she's still recovering from getting run over."

"You think I don't see the way you look at her, you've been sprung over her since the day I met you. Guess what you lost, she chose me, so you back the hell off." He said then shoved him

"Antonio!" I grabbed my crutches and got myself up

"If you touch me again, I'll press charges, I have no problem putting thugs like you in jail."

Antonio moved forward but I got in front of him

"This is still my place of work and our son is right there, so stop it." I said, and he glared at me then at him and Isaac left the NICU.

"What the hell was that?" I asked him

"You tell me, he's always hanging around, make it stop I will."

"Calm down." I said putting a hand on his arm. He looked at me and sighed

"I'm sorry."

"Baby what is going on? I've never seen you like this."