Jace frowned even more. "Why are you being so clingey? You were being like this during lunch too."

Jace shrugged, "can I have a kiss goodbye?"

She kissed him and he tried deepening it in front of the office but she pulled away, pulling her mask back up when she saw a teacher scold her. "Seriously Jace why are you acting like I'm leaving?"

"I don't know."

She gave him a hug and he kissed her shoulder a few times.

"I'll see you after school."

He nodded and she went in the office to sign herself out before leaving.

§

Jace dove into Blake's bed and latched himself onto her.

"Hi bubba."

"Hi" she murmured tiredly as she rubbed her eyes.

She rubbed his head as he clung onto her.

"Why were you so clingey today?" she asked him.

He stayed silent for a while, he didn't like thinking about it but he couldn't help it. Even if it was months away.

"I already applied to four backup colleges already, you know that."

"That I do."

He sighed and closed his eyes, enjoying the feeling of her scratching his scalp.

"You are going to be traveling."

"I know."

"I don't want you to go."

She furrowed her eyebrows and sat up, Jace sitting up as well. "What do you mean you don't want me to go?"

"I don't want you to travel, I want you to be in the same state as me."

"So you want me to just not do what I want to do just to be near you?"

"Well when you put it like that it sounds awful" he mumbled.

"We are two days into senior year. We don't graduate for another like nine in a half months."

"I know."

"So what the fuck?"

He furrowed his eyebrows and she rolled her eyes.

"I'm not going to apply to colleges in the states you applied to so we can be near each other."

"Well why not? You can't be selfish in this."

"Selfish? I can't be the selfish one? You want me to not follow my dreams of traveling the world and taking pictures for people and becoming a singer just so we can be near each other after high school?"

He didn't say anything, picking at his jeans that he wore today.

"I can't believe you told me to not go" she scoffed.

"I can't help it! Long distance never works."

"And who the fuck did you hear that from? If you actually loved the other person and are loyal then there shouldn't be a problem. Yeah it would be hard but any couple can do it if they cared that much for each other."

Jace sighed and rubbed his face.

"Look, I was just thinking about us."

"No you were thinking about you."

He gave her a look, "do you not care that we would not see each other for long periods at a time?"

"I do care! But it's also in July when you would leave and it's now September first!"

"I'm sorry I like to plan ahead."

"If I did stay in the state you will end up in I will end up being miserable in our relationship, I will deep down be mad at you for making me not follow my dreams then we would actually end for real."

"You don't know that's what would happen."

"Yeah I do, I know no matter what I'll be pissed at you and have a hatred towards you that I don't want there because you made me not do what I actually want to do."

He just sat there and she picked up her book.

"Can you go home?"

"What?"

"I don't want to talk about this anymore, please go home."

"Blake."

"Jace seriously, please go home."

He sighed and put his shoes back on before giving her a quick kiss on the cheek.

"Bye love you" he mumbled.

They didn't speak for the rest of the night after that.
———
3-25-21