11

If you end up liking this chapter kindly consider giving it a vote! Enjoy, and leave a comment to let me know what you think! Make sure to follow me if you want to receive updates and be the first one to read my new chapters!

Check out my new story 'Arcade'! Taehyung and Y/N both lose someone special in their lives, causing them to be drawn to each other. However, they might end up playing a rather dangerous game...

 However, they might end up playing a rather dangerous game

Y/N POV

One Month Later

The fresh air was blowing through my hair as I closed my eyes, letting the cold wind hit my face in the process. I inhaled the winter air as I enjoyed this moment, just thinking of nothing but the beautiful and serene atmosphere around me.

Freedom.

That's what it felt like and what I have been feeling for the past month. Ever since I ended things with Jackson, I've felt nothing more than just the purest form of freedom as I was finally able to focus on myself and spread my wings to fly.

Just fly freely, do whatever I wanted to do, think and say whatever I wanted to and not have that stinging pain of feeling guilty about it. I was actually enjoying myself, I enjoyed working and doing whatever the hell I wanted to do.

I removed all of Jackson's stuff from my home and kicked him out, removing all of his traces from my life as I didn't want to be confronted with them anymore. I didn't want to see his face ever again, not think of him, not long for him.

But of course, that wasn't easy. I'm not going to lie, I was completely lost when I was on my own. I haven't been single in years and that lingering feeling of loneliness couldn't be ignored, I was all by myself and that scared me for a moment.

But just for a moment.

Ever since I confided in Taehyung about what happened and how I have been feeling, he has been there for me. He has been by my side and shown me he is a true friend, someone I could rely on, someone who understands me.

It was difficult in the beginning, opening up to him in ways that I haven't done with anyone in a long time, but he gave me that desired feeling of trust and comfort that I have been missing ever since things started to go downhill in my relationship.

He spends time with me, has dinner with me, allows me to talk freely and listens whenever I needed someone to listen. He has shown me that there is more to life than just a solid relationship, instead, I developed a strong relationship with myself in that period of time.

And with him. We have grown closer every single day and I'm extremely grateful for that. He has shown me that I should appreciate myself and how great I actually am. When he said that he wasn't going anywhere, he meant it.