She is incapable of killing!

I should have imagined it, she isn't born to kill, she can't do this. I had to take more seriously what she told me, I mean about her changing her mind completely when she saw that young girl dying in her arms that catalytic night. Now that I'm thinking about it, I can say for sure that that night didn't change Nikki's mind, it showed her who she really is.

And yes, she can't kill him, but I can and I will.

I'll kill him!

Lucas comes to his senses, probably feeling the danger, and his glare lands on Nikki's hand. He growls furiously with his eyes getting almost black and his body trembling and getting ready to shift, and I step in front of Nikki, who is motionless and pale.

He tries to punch me, but I'm faster than him, I have predicted this move of his and I block him, then kick him with power and in the end give him another kick and a push, sending him with great force straight on Albert's library full of books.

A loud bang follows the intense collision and the library collapses on Lucas with some books falling on him and some others getting scattered everywhere around. The massive furniture buries him completely under its surface and it gives Nikki and me a short, necessary break.

I turn to her just to see her trembling and leaving her right hand fall back down. The knife slips from her hand and meets the floor while I place both of my hands on her arms and give a quick look at Mason to make sure that he is still down, as Lucas won't be a problem for us, at least for a while.

"I couldn't, I don't know why... I just couldn't." She mutters apologetically, ready to cry and putting efforts to breathe, and I nod in understanding.

"It's okay. We have to go..." I whisper, not wanting Mason listen to us, and she signs in agreement.

"And I have to check on your cuts. You are bleeding." She states and takes my hand in hers quite gently.

Her words remind me that my face is filled with cuts and my I smell my blood for the first time since I started bleeding. I look at my hands that are dirty, see the almost dried blood and Nikki begins to walk towards the door, pulling me behind her.

I lock my eyes on Mason, who is now moving and tries to get on his knees too close to the door and Nikki speeds up. A voice inside me shouts in agony, warning me about something, but my wolf decides to make her presence more intense in my mind and begins to push me, demanding from me full control.

She wants to kill Mason and so do I, but I'm too shocked yet and my duty to take Nikki away from here stops me. I think that I behave like a robot, not like the old Mila I knew, the fighter, the 'heartless' bitch they all have been talking about.

"If we don't put the end, Mila.... I'll chase..." he begins to say threateningly when we are almost at the door and this become the last threaten I receive.

My wolf stops being patient with me, stops respecting me and I lose control, getting trapped in my own mind before I try to resist.

She gets free from Nikki's hold, stops walking and turns our body towards Mason, who is standing up slowly, not that strong anymore, but devastated and broken.

I scream to her that we have to take Nikki and the others out of here, but she ignores me. Her hatred for him can't be compared to anything else, she was living for this moment and she won't change her mind no matter what. She owes it to Aiden and Diana, that's what she believes, she needs them safe, our pups are her world.

"And now Mason Rollins..." she states hoarsely without breathing or moving, just by standing about a meter from him and staring at him in the eyes while Nikki is about to pull her out.