One second and she could...

"NO!" I exclaim, getting on my feet again, and Nikki gasps, loses her balance and lands on the floor with Mason jumping above her.

I observe the knife's blade changing its direction with its sharp top pointing Nikki's chest, and I lose the time's sense.

I lose myself and communication with my wolf, horror deluges me and I don't realize when I grab a quite heavy vase from the table too close to me and attack Mason with one very specific target, his head.

He freezes, when he catches me with the corner of his eye, and Nikki finds the opportunity to stop him before he pushes the knife closer to her. He doesn't escapes my attack, as the vase breaks milliseconds after I crash it on his head and his body meets the floor with a loud, full of pain cry leaving from his lips, before I close and open my eyes again.

I gasp shocked, stumbling and running my hands through my messy, long hair, and look straight into Nikki's expressive eyes.

The emotions I distinguish in them strike my heart with a redeeming kind of pain. I realize how brave she is and knowing all of her reasons overwhelms me, because I see someone I used to know inside her. I see... Me!

She reminds me of myself that night. The night I tried to run away pregnant to Diana, with Aiden in my arms, and Morana appeared out of nowhere and threatened me by almost killing Aiden.

That night... I have no idea how I made it. I guess it was my instinct that helped me, I had to save Aiden and keep Diana safe inside me. I did anything I could for that and I made it, and so did Nikki, but there is a difference between us.

Nikki isn't me, she doesn't have only her baby to fight for. She has everybody else. She fights for Diana, Aiden, Alice, everyone... Even me! It's the first time she wants to kill someone and this happens because of us. She wants to bring justice... She has a pure heart and I am a monster, especially in front of her. I mean... I didn't make it, I failed, I didn't keep my kids safe, I have been hurting them since that night, I've done nothing good to them and this is never, ever going to change, so I have to...

"Are you alright, Mila?"

Her questions shakes me, pulls me closer to present and away from that hell of night. I nod weakly and exhale heavily. Her worry for me brings tears in my eyes, but I deny 'breaking' now, I force myself to remain strong until it is over.

"I am. Are you hurt?" I whisper terrified about her answer, but she shakes her head in denial and eases the intense feeling of terror.

My lower back touches one chair's head and prevents me from stepping backwards from once more, giving me some support and Nikki takes a deep, very sharp, brief breath without breaking eye contact with me.

She sits up in hurry, still not realizing what happened or what could take place, if I was late for even one more moment and then places her left hand on her stomach. She is still holding the knife with her right hand, thanks Goddess for how strong she is, and I make two steps in order to help her stand up.

Mason is still lying on the floor, barely moving while the top of his head is bleeding from my hit, but Lucas is trying to stand up again and we stay alerted. Nikki joins my side, tightens her hold around the knife and I step forward with my hands turning into fists.

If you only knew how much I hate this monster...

I make two very big steps when he makes it and stands up not so appropriately, reaching in front of him, and then I punch him, taking advantage of his dizziness, and he stumbles, cursing through his teeth. Nikki takes her turn and kicks him on his stomach with power, next raises her right hand with the knife, but then she stops, she doesn't continue.