Chapter 11: Returning Home

"Let us take you."

Master Yin glanced up from his food, meeting the eyes of a farmer who had been listening in on their conversation. From the moment they woke up, they had been planning their journey back to Qingyi over an early-morning meal. Deciding that it would be too long of a walk, one of the farmers they protected the night before offered them a ride.

"We could not possibly ask you to go out of your way. Besides, we are in a slight bit of trouble at the moment, I am afraid it will be dangerous to travel with us," Master Yin explained, showing his gratitude despite declining their offer.

"Then please, take the wagon. It's old but it'll get you there."

With a humble nod, he accepted but paid the farmers for the wagon, nonetheless.

It was nice, sitting in the back of the wagon, watching Song Mengyao as he steered the horse. Master Yin was enjoying it perhaps a little too much and soon laid back to bask in the sun.

"Do you really think someone else will come for us this soon? Surely whoever sent the bandits will wait until making their next move," Song Mengyao questioned, turning back for a brief moment.

Master Yin peeled one eye open and turned his head towards the prince. "Perhaps, but if we are to make it back to Qingyi who knows when their next chance will arise? It all depends on how patient they are. We cannot take any risk, not while my Qi is still not fully restored."

"How long will it take? For your Qi to restore?"

Master Yin thought for a moment. He had never diminished his Qi quite so much before, it was almost totally gone. It would be hard to give an exact answer, but he knew how long it had taken him the last time he used up a large majority of it.

"Probably a week or two, perhaps. I am not entirely sure."

With a hum, Song Mengyao turned his attention back to the road. It was a nice day with the sun shining. Pretty blossoms floated through the air around them, a summer rain of petals. It was beautiful. To think they could be attacked on a day such as this was unfortunate as they could not let their guard down long enough to fully enjoy the journey.

The sound of the wind was calming, as was the rolling of wheels on the ground. The prince was more focused on the scenery, admiring the beauty of nature as they slowly rolled along.

Yin Jianguo was looking at something beautiful too, although it was not the scenery that had caught his eye.

"The flute, when did you learn to play?"

"My sister taught me a little when we were younger, I never really took to it though. I prefer the guzheng," Song Mengyao admitted, glancing back once again.

"I would love to hear you play. You never had the chance to use the one I gave you before we left."

The prince smiled. "Perhaps I will play for you when we return."

With a sincere smile, Master Yin closed his eyes and rested his head back on his arms once again. He wished to see Song Mengyao doing something he enjoyed, although it was clear he enjoyed swordplay quite a lot. He was good at it too and very in touch with his spiritual power. A powerful Qi bearer indeed.

Fighting was one thing, but music was another. Master Yin yearned to see the young prince play, especially after hearing him play such a beautiful tune on the flute before. It had been for the purpose of calming a vengeful spirit, and the prince lacked any true skill, but it had been beautiful, nonetheless. Yin Jianguo could only imagine how heavenly it would be to watch him play the guzheng, an instrument he much enjoyed.