Chapter Thirteen

New Year's Eve
Karin POV

"Mama I miss them, I want to see my daughter. I want to go and stay"

"You have to go slow when you get there Karin, don't get there and try to force your body to go back to normal That's how you cause it to shut down again" Travis is here again, Sylah will be nine months in a few days. 

"Dr. Hue Let me stay past curfew, we have ten more seconds"

"I'm going to miss you mama"

"5"

"I don't want to see you soon baby"

"3"

"I love you"

"2"

"I love you too, say hey to Travis for me"

"1, Happy New Years baby"

"Happy New Years" I tried to say but I was choking on the tube. Travis muted the TV and turned his head towards me.

"Karin, don't try to talk I'm ringing the nurse" my body feels heavier than it did last time. Travis smiled, his eyes started watering. Nurse Jess and Dr.Hue came in. They removed the tube and checked me like they did last time.

"How are you feeling" my mouth is dry, I made a cup with my hand to motion for water. The nurse handed me some water. I drank it and licked my lips.

"Do you have chapstick" my voice sounded weak and dry. Travis noticed it to cause he looked at the doctor.

"We don't have chapstick in our suits but we'll bring you one"

"We want to go run some scans real quick and then we'll bring you right back"

Travis POV

I stayed in the room cause technically I'm not supposed to be here. Maybe thirty minutes later they brought Karin back.

"Travvy" I got up and grabbed her hand and smiled.

"I'm here for good, but I need to sleep"

"We gave her a little morphine for the body pain" I nodded.

"I'll see you tomorrow, I love you" she smiled and closed her eyes but the smile stayed on her face.

"I love you too" I let go of her hand, Dr.Hue and I walked out.

"Her scans and test all came back clear, we will still monitor her closely tonight. As of right now though we do not have a set date when she will be able to go home" I nodded and thanked her. I got in my car and cried happy tears, I drove to our house. Kennedy and Aaliyah helped remodel it to Karin exact taste. I absolutely love it. I went to the guest bathroom, showered and then laid in the guest bed.

Next morning Karin pov

I woke up this morning feeling a little better, I had three months for my wounds to heal, most have. Lick for me they didn't have to do brain surgery because I wouldn't be cute bald. Dr.Hue said all my test came back clear but they want to keep me for at least a week to make sure everything is really fine and that I'm able to somewhat walk. I mentally want to loose this baby fat that just been sitting here because I couldn't workout like I wanted to.