Chapter 16: Revenge

I stood, a statue created from paralyzing fear of what would happen to me if I walked down and into that room.

Annoyed, he let out a muffled groan and nudged me forward before staying again more firm and demanding, "Go Violet."

I stood up taller, trying to exude confidence as I took steps forward to reach the room, gripping the towel around me hiding my body from his intense gaze.

I hear his footsteps taunting after my slow stride, causing me to speed up and enter the bedroom.

I back as far as I can from him in the tight confined space and back myself against the wall beside the bed.

He ruffles through the dresser drawer and grabs a black t-shirt, gray cardigan sweater, and black sweat pants and places the clothing on the bed beside me and the returns to the dresser to grab clothes for himself.

"Get dressed and then come back out to the living room," he said turning his back and proceeding out the door, closing it as he left.

My eyes danced quickly from the window back to him, the plan to escape after I had dressed already forming in my mind as I reach out and grab the clothes.

As if sensing my thoughts, the door opened and he turned back to me with darkened eyes, "And Violet, don't try to escape out the window. It's nailed shut, and you'll only hurt yourself and anger me trying to break it to get out. Understand."

I bit my lip, one of my many involuntary nervous ticks, and nodded at him, gripping my clothing closer to me.

He managed somewhat of a smile, more of I slight upturn to his scowl he perpetually seemed to wear, and closed the door behind him.

The towel quickly dropped from my body. I scrambled to remove my wet undergarments and replace it with its dry warm counterparts.

I tip toed to the bed, climbing  carefully as to not illicit a sound on top of the mattress and crawled my way to the window.

I placed my hand under the lip of the window and pushed upward on it. It didn't budge, not an inch. I tried two more times, but was met with the same results. The window was clearly nailed shut. From the fresh splintered wood, it was clear that he had done this when I was incapacitated and nothing I do would be able to pry it open quietly.

I sat on the bed collecting my thoughts after my second failed attempt to escape.

Who the hell was this man? Was his name even Ian? Was everything he told me a lie? Clearly, he had nothing against killing someone, so why was I still alive?   Why did he spare my life? What the hell was going on?

So far, he had done nothing to harm me other than when he initially knocked me out and brought me here, but I hadn't know it was him at that point. He had made me grown to trust him, like him, like him to the point of being intimate with him. Was it all some sick twisted game?  If he was doing this to me, what the hell had he done to Heather?

I straightened the cardigan wrapping the thick fabric around me, noting that it smelt just like him. I threw the wet strands of my hair over my shoulder, and made my way to the door.

I turned the knob opening it to see him standing outside it, causing me to jump. I  let out a small squeak from the surprise of it.

"Didn't open, did it," he questioned with raised eyebrows before turning and walking back through the kitchen and into the living room.

He had changed in the short time I had been in the room. Dark jeans and a black sweater now hid his monstrous well sculpted hulking body from my eyes.