Chapter 17

Its funny how faith decides to play tricks on you. You have what you want right at the tips of your fingers and then it is all gone. just like that. A cruel game of nature. Well i feel like i'm part of that cruel game.

Its been two weeks and the feelings between Lucas and I have been intense. Every touch and kiss lights my body on fire. I wonder how someone else would actually resist such. Well not me, cause well I gave in. The emotions were just too much, I had to give in. I just couldn't stand it any longer and I knew he couldn't too.

"Good morning guys" I came downstairs only to be faced with gloomy faces. "There is nothing good about this morning, and last night" Tricia said resting her head on the counter in the kitchen. "Y'all guys really need to learn to keep it down... You were both at it like animals.. I thought at one point y'all actually changed into your wolves." She continued. I couldn't help but blush while everyone else started agreeing with her through a series of mumbles.

"It was extremely gross" the twins and their mates all said at the exact same time. Creepy? I know!!!

"Mmmm sorry guys." I said.

"Sorry about what?" Lucas said coming down the stairs.

"Mmm we were urrhhh kinda loud... You know.. Mmmm last night." I couldn't help it. I'm sure I was as red a tomato that moment. I dared to look at Lucas and guess what? He had a full blown smile on his face.

"Oh, then I apologise too." He said looking away from me and towards the group. "But you can't blame her, now can you?" He started smiling again. There were another series of mumbles of 'gross' or 'that's disgusting'.

The rest of the week was pretty normal. We all had fun and bonded. Kayla called once and it had been really weird the way she sounded over phone. I tried asking her but she just said it was nothing. So now its Tuesday and the third week we have been at the lake house. The morning was normal, every one at the table, eating breakfast except Lucas who got called to get back to the pack for some business with his alpha regarding the movement of the rest of his pack and then the bell rang.

I went to go get it and was tackled to the ground. "Omg Vee, its been forever." Kayla said hugging the life out of me on the floor. "Kay- mmm I can't breathe" I said while hugging her back a bit.

"Oh sorry" she got off me and immediately I got up she was on me again. This time I hugged her properly. "I can't believe you back, how was the pack?" I asked once we pulled apart. "It was pretty cool, lots of hottie's but unfortunately no mate. JUSTIN!!!" she shouted running and jumping on Justin. His mate wasn't too happy about it cause she started growling.

"Opps, sorry forgot you had a mate." She got off Justin "its cool. Babe its cool. Relax Kayla is my bestie." He said hugging his mate. "Ohh sorry I get like that. Mate thing" she said blushing. "Its cool girlie." She said hugging her too.

Leave it to kayla to do that. She pretty much hugged everyone and soon we were all having random conversations.

After the fun breakfast. Kayla and I hung out without bringing up any touchy subject. We were just normal teen girls, talking about boys(excluding anything to do with mates and Lucas), did each other's hair and makeup, typical stuff. It got late quickly and we both went to bed, more like Kayla slept in my bed with me.

NEXT MORNING

"No turn it off, please." That beeping sound was really annoying.

"Wake up sleepy head" I lifted my head to see an already dressed Kayla. "What the hell are you doing up so early?" I sat up rubbing my eyes.

"Early? Its 11 in the morning Victoria. You have to go shower and then we need to talk." She said whike dragging me into the shower.

"Do we have to talk?" I said pouting. "Yah. Yah we do. I avoided it yesterday but today you gotta tell me everything."

"Arrgghhh Fine." I got into the shower. Blah blah blah. Got done and went downstairs.

"Alright, dish girl" Kayla said sitting opposite me on the single couch.

"Fine, remember I told you about Lucas." I started. "Yah the beta." I nodded. "Ya well we sorta got together." I said looking everywhere else but her. "You mean y'all guys did the....". She said and I nodded.

"Omg when?" She said, curiosity written all over her face.

"Last week." She looked shocked. "OMG. I really want to meet this Lucas." I just laughed. You know the saying 'speak of the devil and he shall appear'. Well at that moment Guess who got back from beta duties.

"MINE!!!!"