Slumping onto the ground, I listen to the water turn on. Studying my room, I jump into action. I tidy up, messy spaces never help when upset. Then, I realize she could get hungry later, so I grab snacks and a few bottles of water from the kitchen. Or she could be cold, so pick up a few extra blankets.

Back in my room, I can still hear the water running so I try to find something else to do. My phone rings and I scramble to answer when I realize it's not my phone. It's Chloe.

The first call I ignore. The second has me hesitating. The third; however, has me checking to see who's calling. Realizing it's Wes, I answer.

"Chloe, where the hell are you?" He demands. "No one's heard from you, so I go by your house and what do I find? A raging lunatic promising that if she ever sees your face again, you're as good as dead." Anger pumps through my veins. Maybe I should go visit her mother alone. "So tell me where you are because I know you're not with Maggie, Zayne, Graham or me. Last I heard, you're still mad at Golden Boy so... Oh My God, don't tell me you're with Bennett." My anger is now blinding rage. "Chloe, I was sorta starting to like Rhodes, but we'll figure it out. Just tell me where you are."

"Well, Micheals, I was sorta starting to like you too." I offer now that he's done with his heroic monologue.

"Rhodes, where the fuck is Chloe?"

"In my shower." I listen to make sure the water is still going. "She's staying here tonight."

"Good." He lets out a breath. "I think that's best but..."

"But what?" I press when he hesitates.

"I don't know if that'll be long enough." He admits. "Sage, that house is normally unsafe. After whatever the fuck happened today, I'm not sure it could even be considered that."

"I figured." I kick a bottle cap on my floor. "That's something we can figure out tomorrow. She has options."

"Just because she has them, doesn't mean she'll take them."

Ain't that the truth. "Hopefully she does, but let's take things one step at a time. She needs to rest for now."

"You're right." He admits and the line goes quiet. I'm about to see if he hung up when he coughs. "Thanks for talking to me."

"Thanks for checking on her." I counter, a smug smirk spreading across my face. "So you're really starting to like me, huh?"

"Rhodes, go to hell." He says, ending the call.

Silently laughing, I plug Chloe's phone in. The door opens and I whirl around to find Chloe standing in my bathroom doorway, faint remnants of mascara running down her cheeks. Wet hair soaking the sweatshirt that looks like a dress on her.

"Hey."

She nods in acknowledgment, wandering to the bed.

"I brought snacks and blankets." I offer and she blankly wraps a blanket around her. "Wes called so I told him you were okay."

She grunts in acknowledgment.

"Do you need anything?" I ask in one last effort to get words from her.

"Silence." She says, her voice so empty.

"I can do that." I nod, backing into my dresser. My cologne crashes to the ground and I wince. Shit. "We can just cuddle."

"No, Sage." She shakes her head. "I want to be alone."

Oh. "Okay."

Resting on the bed, I twiddle my thumbs for a few minutes, losing interest quickly.