Setting up, she thought of going to Asher and Samaira, maybe playing with them will cheer her up.

•••

Afsha combed her long hair and put them in a loose braid, picking a light shade of lipstick, she was about to wear it when she heard the sound of honk from downstairs. Instantly, her face brightens up as she quickly wore the lipstick. She ran downstairs, catching her breath, Afsha sat on the sofa and made herself comfortable as if she was sitting there from some time.

She was still edgy, looking at the main door after every two seconds, waiting for him to come but he didn't.

Her brows furrowed in confusion as she got up to check.

She came outside of her house, for whom she has gotten ready and for whom she was waiting was there. Haris was talking to someone on his phone, that's why he didn't come inside.

"Maa, I'll call you later." Seeing here there, Haris disconnected the call. He thought he is there to call him as it was already time for tuition.

"Assalam-Alaikum!" Greeting her, Haris went inside. While Afsha's face bloomed into a huge smile as she replied to him.

She was also about to go inside after him when her eyes fall on his bike. The black bike of his reminds her of the bike which dropped Haya home yesterday night.

There are many bikes with the same model. Afsha shook her head negatively.

•••

When Haris entered the room of Asher and Samaira, they were not present there. But, Haya. She was picking up the books which were laying around and putting them on the study table.

He wasn't expecting this, that's why he didn't knock, and seeing her there, he didn't know what to do, clear his throat to catch her attention or go back and knock on the door? These thoughts were running in his mind when Haya raised her head, seeing him there, the notebook falls from her hands as she quickly stood up straight and proper her dupatta. Haris avert his eyes away from her and placed them on the floor.

"I... I'm sorry... I wasn't expecting you..."

"I'll call Asher and Samaira." Haya told him and was about to leave. But Haris was still standing on the doorway, which Haya raised her eyebrow at him.

"Eh?..Oh, sorry." Haris looked confused but then realized he is blocking the way, he quickly stands aside to give space to her.

"Haya!" Haya has just left the room when Haris went after her.

Haya stopped and turned to him with questionable eyes.

"Are you okay?" Haya looked more confused by his question

Confusingly, she nods her head.

Both of them didn't notice Tabu, as Haya left and Haris also went inside the room.

•••

"Haya! Why was Haris asking you are you okay?" Tabu asked Haya when they were alone.

Haya, who was making roti, stopped and looked at Tabu with expanded eyes.

"Bhabhi!" Haya started saying but couldn't find any word as she looked at the door of the kitchen, afraid someone might come from there.

"Sach sach batao." Tabu sternly said.

(Tell me the truth.)

Tabu was elder sister of Haya's best friend, Hareem. Haya was in 12th grade when Tabu came to her house to pick Hareem, it is when Arsh saw her and fall for her in first sight. Tabu and Arsh's marriage was love and that's why Kusum was still not contented about. But what can she do, her eldest son was most stubborn.