Chapter 35: A Normal Day

Start from the beginning

"I know that but geez. You'd think I could lose it before Leigh but that's the world we live in.", I sigh. "What's that supposed to mean? I'll have you know my girlfriend has very good taste.", she says folding her arms. "Your back is still screwed so I'd assume.", Jesy laughs eating from a bowl of peanuts. "She's a fox so yeah. Her claws leave a mark.", Leigh jokes. "Speaking of backs, you want some ice for your Jade?", she asks turning to face me. "More than you know.", I sigh placing my top half over her lap. She chuckles before placing her cold hands on my back.

I groan in satisfaction and steal Jesy's peanuts. "What were you all doing?", I ask. "Recovering from that fight. Jesy is on bed rest until further notice, Leigh needs crutches and you probably needs some ointment and a wrap around your stomach.", Perrie answers. "Please? My stomach looks horrible.", I say. "I would by my arm is still healing.", she says motioning to her bandaged arm. "Is there any food?", Princeton asks walking in. "Why are you so loud?", I ask covering my ears. "Sorry. I'm just hungry.", he says. "We should have some deer meat in the fridge.", Leigh says.

"I don't want your weird wolf food. I want real food.", he groans. "If you're not open to eat anything, then you're not really hungry.", I say. "I should get you three fixed up actually. Come on, we're going to the medical wing. Follow along prince, I'll show you how to patch your team up properly after a fight.", Perrie says standing up. Leigh flops down onto her stomach and using her hands to push herself on ice. The last boy closes the door behind him and the lights flash on. I help Leigh up onto one of the tables before climbing onto one. Fifteen minutes later, I had a green bandage around my midsection, Leigh has a pair of blue crutches, and Jesy has her arm in a sling.

"All done.", Perrie says letting us get up. Leigh hobbles around for a bit before getting the hang of her crutches. I walk into my room and shower before changing into some more comfortable clothes and opening a book. "Miss Jade?", a voice says from the door. I look over and see Prodigy poking his head in. "You can come in, and you don't have to call me that. Jade is fine.", I chuckle. He nods and sits down in the chair in front of my bed. "I-I like this girl, and I don't know how to tell her.", he says looking down at his hands. "Describe her to me.", I say closing the book. "Well, she has black hair with blue highlights, has these like brownish grey eyes, a fair complexion and the most amazing body.", he says.

"Oh you are in love little dude.", Perrie chuckles from the doorway. "What's her name?", Jesy questions from next to Perrie. "Zonnique, but her friends call her Star.", he answers. "I think I know her. Sian's boyfriend has a little sister and he's always calling her Miss star.", Leigh says. "Do you think you could talk to her for me?", Prodigy asks looking at her. "I'll see what I can do when I'm off these crutches.", Leigh says with a light laugh. "Cool. I'm gonna go back with the boys now.", he says walking out quickly. "You guys remember when we were like that?", I question.

"Look at us now.", Perrie jokes. "Beat up and in love. A life worth living.", Jesy says. "I just had a funny thought. If Jesus could turn water into wine, you think I could?", Leigh asks. "We should totally try.", Perrie gasps running out. She comes back in with a cup of water and sits it in front of Leigh. "Do your thing.", I say. She holds her hand out and the water starts to ripple before stopping. "Did it work?", I ask. Leigh picks up the glass and takes a sip before spitting it out. "Yep, but this is like raw wine. There's no flavors or taste.", she answer setting it back down.

My watch beeps and our conversation stops. "Talk to me Claude.", I say standing up. "Don't know what it is for sure but it's up in the sky and it looks big.", he says. "We're on it.", Jesy says running off. "Not you, bed rest.", Perrie says pushing her back down. "You can't use your arm either so what's the good?", Jesy groans. "I actually just sent an upgrade to your rings. Transform and see if it works.", Claude adds. We all transform and I look down at the new suit. "This new suit should heal your injuries as you fight thanks to Pez who so graciously donated some of her blood.", he says. "More like you strapped me to a metal table and took it.", Perrie mumbles.