She studied me for a few seconds and I sniffled into my tissue that already was soaked with tears and snot.

"Are you talking about your childhood now, or is it something that's happened recently? Is it your stalker?"

I sighed but it ended in a choke.

"He's not a stalker. He..."

I didn't know what to say, and I actually contemplated showing her the letter that now was safely tucked away under my pillow.

"He did something. And I keep seeing this...thing. Oh, Dee. I just wish it would go away."

She leaned in and wrapped her arms around me, and I cried against her shoulder.

"Is this the same reason why you're not friends with Gabby anymore?"

I nodded.

"He cheated on you with her?"

"Not really. And that's what makes me lose my mind. We weren't even together, so it shouldn't be a big deal. But it is. Because..."

I hesitated long enough for her to fill in the blanks.

"Because you love him?"

"I don't know. I think I do. But I have a boyfriend."

"What? Why haven't you told me? Who is he? What's his name?"

I smiled, but it was a sad one. The thought of Benjamin made me calmer, but it didn't take away my pain.

"He's living down the street from auntie Dorothy. He's the same age as me. Blonde hair and blue eyes, and he's really handsome. His name is Benjamin and he's the sweetest guy you can think of."

"Awe. How long have you been dating?"

"Only for a couple of weeks. Three to be more exact."

"But he's not Mr. Right?"

"I don't know. Maybe he is? God, I'm so confused, and it's so frustrating. And I don't even know why I'm confused, because I should just talk to him and move on."

"You're not talking to your boyfriend?" she giggled.

"Of course I am. But M... The other guy."

"Michael?"

I stared at her in shock.

"How do you know?"

"A guy named Michael has been calling like crazy until dad threatened to call the police. He even claimed that he was Michael Jackson."

She huffed through pursed lips.

"I mean, you were at his concert and all, but was it him who called you when you freaked out about that Jake dude?"

"Of course not!" I lied. "That would have been crazy. It was just a joke and Gabby was in on it, too. So forget about that."

DeeVana shrugged.

"Already forgotten. But his name is Michael?"