The Arrival

Prologue

Young Perseus Jackson was running. Running from the bad man, running from the monsters, running from the loss of his mother. The boy would stop and let out a ground shaking screams filled with rage and agony over his loss every so often when monsters would approach, and the locals probably thought it was a normal day in the Bay Area.

Go to the water my son. You will be safe there.

Percy put his hands over his ears panicking at the sound of the voice that entered his head. Even at eight years old he thought it wasn't normal to be hearing such loud, clear, booming voices in his head, and It wasn't the first time he had heard such a voice. He had told his mother about these odd happenings, and she merely smiled stating that his father was looking out for him. A father that he had never met.

He heard the laughter of the monsters chasing behind him and they jeered, "You can't run forever little demigod."

Feeling his heart bounce around in his chest he decided to follow the voice in his head and get to the water as fast as possible. Perhaps the monsters couldn't swim?

It didn't take long for Percy to reach the water, all he had to do was get under this Caldecott Tunnel and the water opened up before him, and when he jumped in, he felt his energy renewed like caffeine was running through his blood! He began swimming across the channel to a nearby island with buildings in the close distance. He hoped he could hide there for a while, but his luck was running out.

"I got him Euryale!" The monster called out gleefully as it grabbed Percy's ankle forcing him under water.

Most kids would drown after so long being under water, but Percy seemed to be having no trouble at all breathing in fact he was invigorated with energy. He was thrashing around as the monster held him under trying to keep him from surfacing. When he noticed the one eyed creature was trying to take a bite of his leg he panicked, and threw his arms forward trying to push the large one-eyed beast away from him. Somehow the grip was dropped immediately, and he tore across the channel with all his energy desperately trying to get him to the shore. When he reached land, he took off again towards the buildings in the distance screaming for help, but he dropped when a sharp object tore into his leg. The boy yelled in pain causing the ground to rumble around him.

When the two monsters caught up with him, they jumped for joy, "Oh Stheno I think we found ourselves one of Neptune's boys. I haven't had a son of the Sea in a millennium!"

Percy was desperately trying to crawl away, but the one-eyed monster picked him up by the ankle having no regard for his injury causing Percy to wail in agony, "Let's have a bite!"

As the monsters got closer to Percy's leg suddenly a large golden lance hit the beast in the side of the head causing it to drop the young boy, and dissolve into Golden Dust. Percy hit the ground harder than his injury would've wanted him too, and he rolled to the side to see another young boy around his age in a purple shirt and gym shorts. He had short blonde hair, and blue eyes that seemed unafraid much unlike Percy. Percy couldn't hear what the boy was screaming because the blood was still ringing in his ears from the pain, but the boy had now run to stand in between Percy and the monster, "Stay away from him."

Percy's savior now had the lance that killed Euryale in his hand shoving it in Stheno's direction trying to keep the beast back, "Ah son of Jupiter. What a meal you two will make. Two children of the eldest Olympians in one place is quite the omen, but no matter, I will take the burden off Camp Jupiter's hands."

The voice spoke again in Percy's head, "The water my son. The sea must always repay its debts."

The young boy swallowed his fear trying to feel brave for his savior who he could see was now shaking in the face of this monster. He was going to get hurt if he did nothing. With a raise of his hand water began to rise from the river nearby. A tug that started in his gut was going through his body, and when he slammed his hand down towards the ground the water enveloped the last one-eyed monster and swept it back into the river causing it to scream in fury and pain.