39| goodbye worthington preparatory

Start from the beginning

...

"Congratulations class of 2021!" Principal Collins shouted cheerfully through the microphone. All of the students surrounding the gym hall threw their graduation hats off and into the air. I grinned at the thought of finally being done with high school and that I now get to finally start the rest of my life with Sebastian. 

I began searching the crowds for my best friends since we have to sit in alphabetical order. I caught a glimpse of Evie sprinting through the crowds in her 6 inch heels. Only Evelyn Rhodes could sprint in 6 inch heels.

"Bitch we fucking did it!" Evie screamed to me as she raced through the crowds of disapproving looks from our previous teachers. She leaped into my arms as we both laughed and celebrated.

"Okay, let me get in on this girl on girl action," I heard a smug Nicolas say from beside us with a cheeky smile. We brought him into our group hug.

"What about me? I feel left out now," Sebastian pouted as he grabbed my hips and spun me around. I screeched in surprise as he just laughed at me. I spun around in his arms as he put me back down on the floor and leaned up to kiss his lips. He smiled into the kiss as one of his arms left my hips and into his hoodie pocket. He pulled a small box out that looks...oddly familiar. Shit.

"Wha-what are you doing?" I asked him nervously. "Because if you're doing what I think you-" he cut me off with a deep kiss.

"Will you just shut up and let me talk?" he laughed breathlessly at my nervous state. I nodded reluctantly before her began speaking.

"This," he motioned to the box he was holding before continuing. "Is a promise ring. It's a promise that I will always be by your side no matter what, until the day I die. It's a promise that I will marry you one day, that is if you accept it?" I was crying by this point. Full on, ugly crying in front of my gorgeous boyfriend.

"We make myself cringe," I laughed at him with a roll of my eyes.

"I know, same. Will you accept my promise ring, darling?" He asked me with a small smile.

"Of course I will," I whispered to him as he slid the ring onto my finger. I brought my arms around his neck as his wound around my waist. He buried his head into my neck as he peppered kisses.

"I love you," I whispered into his ear, closing my eyes in content.

"I love you too, baby. Forever and always," he hummed against my neck which sent shivers down my spine. I could feel him smiling against my neck as I grinned along with him.

"So, uh, we're still here, if you were wondering," Nicolas spoke up from next to us, completely and utterly ruining our perfect moment.

We both pulled away from each other slowly and turned to see Nicolas, Evie, and Vanessa grinning at us, whilst Hadley stood there staring at us with a bored face.

"So, I guess you're finally settling down?" Hadley asked Sebastian with a smirk, her hand linked with Vanessa's.

It annoys me that my boyfriend has slept with Vanessa and Hadley and they're both in our friend group. But, I'm the only one that's aloud to keep doing it.

"Fuck off Hads," Sebastian scoffed at Hadley as they both chuckled. It bothered me at first with Sebastian calling her 'Hads' but then I kept on reminding myself that she's a lesbian now.

"Can we go get drunk and celebrate getting the fuck out of high school?" Evie whined at us with a pout.

We all laughed and began walking out of the school gym hall for the very last time.