𝑉𝑜𝑦𝑎𝑔𝑒

Song: 𝕃𝕒 𝕃𝕒 𝕃𝕒 ʙʏ 𝑁𝑎𝑢𝑔ℎ𝑡𝑦 𝐵𝑜𝑦 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝑆𝑎𝑚 𝑆𝑚𝑖𝑡ℎ
"When a deep injury is done to us, we never heal until we forgive." – Nelson Mandela

* * *

"Hey," said Egypt and tapped on South Africa's shoulder, "Want to go and take a nap?"
"Wha-?! What the hell are you even saying?" asked South Africa as he felt his face flush from confusion.
"I don't mean it like that!" scowled Egypt and held the candlelight over their heads. "I mean you look like you came from the dead, so I'm asking if you want to sleep a bit in your room by yourself."
"The way you say it," snickered Nigeria and pushed his hair out of his eyes, "Is very amusing."
"We are just friends, Nigeria," snapped Egypt and pinched the bridge of his nose from frustration, "What is wrong with countries these days?"

Nigeria replied with a shrug and shuffled the files in a neat order, his eyes never left the dark sky as the three countries walked in the hallway. Their steps echoed in the dark, quiet hushed voices were all over the place—possibly the African countries who were supposed to be asleep were talking in their rooms.

"What do you guys think of the meeting today?" asked Nigeria and tried to brighten up the mood between them.
"Minus Botswana and Mauritius being late that made me furious, it was interesting," replied Egypt in his monotone voice.
"What about you SA?" questioned Nigeria and glanced at the Southern Africa country.
"Not...bad I guess..." hesitated South Africa and avoided their eyes.
"What's with the 'I guess'?" frowned Egypt and raised an eyebrow.
"Just...brought some bad memories that's all," said South Africa and blinked tiredly.

Nigeria suppressed a soft smile and tip toed to ruffle SA's hair, "Don't worry, it's going to be all right."
The Southern African country scowled and slapped Nigeria's hand away, "I appreciate your kindness but please don't touch my hair."
Nigeria rolled his eyes and smirked, "Yes Mr Grumpy Pants."

Egypt let out a snicker and adjusted his yellow scarf around his neck. His golden flecked eyes glowed in the dark like cat eyes.

"Night guys," said Egypt and punched his study mates playfully on the shoulder, "See you guys in the morning. Nigeria it's your turn to cook tomorrow."
"You mean today," corrected South Africa and pointed at the tall clock near Guinea-Bissau's room , "It's 3am."
"Ah well," groaned Nigeria and stretched—scratch marks visible on his arms, "Guess today we'll have rice and curry for breakfast."
"I'm going to take a 2 hour sleep," sighed Egypt and walked left, past Mali's room, "Bye."

Nigeria and South Africa heard the sound of a door close. Nigeria shrugged and glanced at South Africa.

"What day you do if you meet other countries?" asked Nigeria, quiet enough for them to hear.
"Honestly..." replied South Africa and fidgeted with his crimson necktie, "I...don't know..."
"I'll beat them up," grinned Nigeria and swung a fist in the air threateningly, "They never gave us an apology, so why not fight them?"
"Ag moet asseblief nie..." groaned South Africa and face palmed.
"Sorry South Africa," chuckled Nigeria and tapped on South Africa's chest, "I don't speak Afrikaans, so I don't understand what you're talking about."
"I said," snapped South Africa and scowled, "Oh please do not."
"Nah," said Nigeria and walked with South Africa around the hallway, "I prefer to give them a beat down and kick them in the—!"
"You don't want to know how much weapons do they have," interrupted South Africa, his expression saddened, "You have no idea they could trick you into their trap..."

Nigeria stopped walking and glanced at South Africa. Pain and sadness written over his friend's face, the years of his racist times effected him greatly. Nigeria couldn't stand how racist South Africa's used to be, thanks to one of the foreign country, South Africa is not his happy and old self anymore...