Chapter 10: Secrets

Start from the beginning

A tear rolled down his cheek, so I used my thumb to wipe it away. His eyes had turned a light bluish color instead of the fascinating green they normally were.

"You can tell me." I whispered.

A choked sob came out of his mouth, and he literally fell into my lap. For a minute I just sat there, unsure of what to do.

Acting on instinct I reached out a hand to run it through his hair. It was soft and thick. It felt like silk as I twirled it around my fingers. He closed his eyes, but continued to cry.

I felt sorry for him, I always thought he was this strong lad, but here he is crying on my legs. He looked pitiful.

I pulled him up so that he was sitting on my lap rather than lying across it. He reacted by putting his arms around my neck and burying his face into my shoulder. I put my arms around him and rubbed his back while he soaked my shirt with warm tears.

"It's okay Harry. It's okay. Please stop crying. Please. It's going to be okay." I murmured.

I hate seeing people cry, especially people I care about. Wait I care about Harry? Of course I care about Harry, he's so nice and kind and he makes me laugh, and why am I thinking this? This is not the time to get lost in my thoughts!

Another sob emitted from his throat so I pulled him closer to me. He glanced up at me before laying his head back on my shoulder. Over the next thirty minutes he had finally calmed down enough to tell me what had upset him so much.

"Harry I'd understand if you didn't want to tell me, but what just happened?"

I want to know really badly, but I respect his privacy to much too push him into telling me something he doesn’t want to. He respects my boundaries, so I will respect his.

"No, I want to tell you, you've been completely honest with me, so I should be with you."

Well that's not entirely true. I haven't been completely honest with him. Now that I think about it I've lied to him a lot. There are too many lies in my life. Why can't life be simple, like a fairytale or something? Where's my happy ending?