Chapter 5 - Unfairly Shattered - Part II

**************************************
IMPORTANT: The following part contains murder, self harm and abuse. Reader's discretion is strongly advised. Please do not read the alerted parts if you will be affected by violence.
**************************************

Soon different noises filled up their surroundings, the buzzing of the laser generators, the hissing sound of the released tear smoke, and random gunshots and breakage of objects.

The house was designed 10 years ago, with self massacre option and secret escape passage by Shiva along with a trusted caretaker, as they had anticipated these attacks long before.

But what Shiva did not know was that, it is this trust that gave him up at every step he took. Every plan and activity of Shiva and Soundhar were known to Durmugan before anyone else. He was always a step ahead of them. Yet, a silent spectator, watching them struggle to the brim and pull them back into deeper abyss when victory or freedom seemed so close.

Durmugan entered the house as the last person, sending around 20 of his men before him, a few of whom became a prey to the random bullets and lasers. He never cared about the lost lives, he had no emotional bond with anyone.

All these men were hiding in the surrounding houses all day long, monitoring every action of the family, reporting them from time to time to their master.

Durmugan smiled showing all his teeth while remembering the little Dhakshayini with two pigtails who would be afraid like a little mouse whenever he approached her in the orphanage, how she would cower behind those stupid boys Shivshankar and Soundhar. He remembered her voice which he heard over the call, when she cried for her husband. Oh, the voice gave him tingles in places. Biting his lower lip, he raised his hand, to stop the 4 bulky men who were trying to break open the floor which has closed behind Shiva and his wife.

"That's of no use". His voice was deep, so deep and rough, it seemed like it was reverberating through his vocal chords. He signalled two other men to show them the alternate dungeon he had painstakingly constructed without the knowledge of Shiva, successfully connecting it to the existing path half way through.

««««««»»»»»»

Some goons were already behind Ashwin and Kani, and Ashwin lurched, his legs stumbling, his grip on Kani tightening, he kept running increasing his pace when he heard voices and footsteps behind him. He heard faint echoes of his mother's cries far behind him, his heart pained, he so badly wanted to turn back but he couldn't, as he felt the sounds of the footsteps closing in near him.

««««««»»»»»»

Shiva held onto Shini's hand tightly and ran through the darkness only to be blocked on all sides by goons. His whole being wrenched in pain while hearing the cries of his wife. Shini looked at Shiva with tear-stricken face as the two were dragged back into the house.

Both husband and wife were in guilt for different reasons. Shiva, for his inability to save his wife, and Shini, for betraying her husband by hiding things from him. Neither of them spoke a word but continued to thrash their hands and legs, trying to free themselves from the grips of the goons.

"Woah! Welcome welcome!" Durmugan beamed when Shiva and Shini were dragged into the house. "See the irony. You are the inhabitants of this house. You should be the ones to invite me and my men inside. But the reverse is happening here. Is this the way you run away when a guest visits you? Tch tch. Too bad, Daakshu baby".

Shini cringed at his words and Shiva's eyes reflected his rage as he thrust his legs forward successfully kicking Durmugan in his stomach.

*Thap* "Shivvaaaa!!"