EPILOGUE

Brett's

What a boring life.

I thought as soon as I laid my eyes on the pile of papers put on my study table. These were a mix of my school works and literal work. Hindi ko tuloy alam kung alin ang uunahin ko.

I have no idea why I must be the one to conduct observations regarding my parent's company operations every day-when I am not yet in the mightiest level of intelligence, for that matter. Gusto yata nilang maaga akong mabahala sa magiging trabaho ko.

Dala ng pagkatamad, I went to a mall. Tumingin-tingin ako ng reading glasses sa department store. Manlalabo ang aking mata sa lahat ng pinaggagawa ko ngayon sa buhay.

After a few minutes of observing each of the items, wala akong nagustuhan. Each of their designs look lame. Some had tiger prints, zebra prints, dalmatian prints, etc. Seriously? Tao ba talaga ang pinagbebentahan nila ng mga ito o mga hayop?

I was about to leave the section when something was brought to my attention. There was a cellphone under the eyeglasses display stand. Kinuha ko ito at inobserbahan. It had a no touching text on its case. It seems like it belongs to a woman. I also checked the lockscreen wallpaper. Ysabelle Suarez, with the belle crossed out, it displayed.

I bet this Ysabelle not in her right mind to leave her phone behind just like this. How careless.

I then went on my way to give it to someone in authority. Natigil lang ako nang may humarang na isang babae sa akin. She's rich, based on her clothing and jewelry. May pagkasingkit din ang kanyang mata, maputi ang balat at mukhang maarte.

Hindi naman siya mukhang may masamang balak sa lahat ng meron siya. Anong ginagawa nito?

Oh.

"Is this yours?" I asked the woman.

Instead of answering me directly, she replied sarcastically. Kumunot ang aking noo.

What is her problem then?

"That's mine."

Doesn't sound convincing.

Bago pa man niya ito mahablot mula sa 'kin, itinaas ko ang phone. She continually tried go get it, but she failed because of our height difference.

"Magnanakaw!" sigaw niya sa akin.

I looked at her dead in the eye.

"I should've run if I was a thief. Now, who are you?"

She arched her brow and finally told me her name. Inihagis ko ito na agad naman niyang sinambot, dahilan upang lalong masira ang kanyang mukha.

"What's your probㅡ"

"Brett's the name."

I was hoping to get tangled with her once again. Her personality seemed amusing. Masayang mamikon, and that's a weird habit, isn't it?

And so I did.

But unfortunately, in a ridiculous way.