1

I was walking home from school after what seemed like the longest year yet. My second year at Shiratorizawa was over and I can't complain. It was average enough, I had good grades and a few good friends, but right now I wanted to appreciate the air. It was something I've wanted to start doing, start noticing the little things.

 Like how the air was soft with a hint of earthiness from the rain the previous day, and as I walked a slight breeze flowed through my hair. I looked down at my feet and paid attention to the sound they made when with every step.  I wasn't paying attention to my surroundings, too absorbed with watching my feet move along the cracked side walk. 

From out of nowhere I run into someone, your shoulders hit each other hard and I stumble a bit, almost falling to the ground. A hand grips my wrist firmly pulling you back up and that's when I get to see who I ran into. It was Tendou Satori, a boy in my year who I think is on the volleyball team.

 "You okay?" his voice was like the rain, soothing, soft, and smooth, he was no where near as disheveled as you are right now. "Yeah I'm fine. I'm sorry I wasn't paying attention, I should be asking if you're okay!" God I feel so stupid right now, I have got to start paying attention more. 

"I'm great! Its not every day I get to run into a pretty girl on the street!" he smiles, I notice that when he smiled he really meant it. Its genuine and makes you want to smile too. I laugh, you could tell he meant the compliment from his smile. "Thank you! I should get going now but I hope I run into you again, not literally of course" 

He gives you another smile, and as I continue walking I throw a small wave behind me. He watched me walk away, his soft yet dark colored eyes were filled with a joyful admiration, he really did think I was pretty after all. 

 I got home and found a note taped to the fridge: "Had to run back out to work, managed to grab you some food though! - Love, Mom" My mom worked as a nurse in Tokyo and some nights it was just inconvenient to come home, and was often called back to work. 

I sighed and grabbed the fast food out of the fridge and threw it into the microwave. Thinking back on your encounter with Tendou, I chuckle to yourself. "I have got to start watching where I'm going." The microwave beeps, grabbing my food I bring it to the table and start scrolling through my phone. 

Out of curiosity I look at Tendou's social media page. Most of his pictures are of him and his team, he was always wearing that heartwarming smile in each one. I smiled lightly to myself, and hope that I really do run into Tendou Satori again.