57.| ᴛʜᴇ ꜰᴀᴄᴇ ʙᴇʜɪɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ɢʟᴀꜱꜱ

Începe de la început

"I'm still sorry," Jordan announced with a frown as he walked up towards Alexander.

Alexander shrugged. "It's whatever. But next time, don't rat me out."

Jordan nodded. "I won't. I promise." he paused before grabbing a cookie. "Have you tried these? They're amazing."

The three continued their conversation, up until Raven made an appearance.

"You recovered fast," Raven smiled glancing at Jordan.

Jordan nodded. "I know. A good night's sleep."

Raven smirked. "Sleep, huh? Is that what they call it here?"

Madi snorted which caused Alexander to throw the child a look. The child noticed that the couple didn't exchange any look, not even a hello. So Madi grabbed Alexander's hand and pulled him to the side.

"What happened?"

Alexander narrowed his eyes. "What are you talking about?"

"With you and Raven," Madi groaned.

"Nothing we're fine—"

"You two didn't even say hi."

"Well we sleep in the same room, I don't think we'd need to—."

"Alex." Madi groaned once again. "Tell me. You said no secrets."

Alexander huffed as he kept his eyes on Raven who was currently talking to another woman. "I'm not talking to my child about my relationship."

"Well, I'm the only one available that you trust," Madi replied with a look.

"You know, sometimes I regret teaching you English." Alexander scoffed before taking a seat. "I uh—there was this dark commander. We called him Sheidheda—" he paused once Madi's smile fell from her face. "What is it Madi?"

Madi was hesitant. "I-i've been seeing him. They're like memories of him. I even saw you but just a glimpse."

Alexander's jaw tensed. "If we both see him. Then there is definitely something off with this place."

"How did you know him?"

"I—Well I uh killed him."

"Why'd you kill him?" Madi questioned

"Because he killed my mother, and he killed his flame keeper. He wasn't a good commander. He was pure evil." Alexander explained. "When I challenged him, he didn't accept. So the only one to get rid of him—was to kill him."

Madi nodded. "But I don't get it. You don't have the flame, why do we both seem him? And why is he even back."

"He promised me he'd find a way to make me suffer. I assume he's here to fulfill that promise. Madi we can't tell anyone about this. Not yet." Alexander informed. "I need to wake up Indra."

"Why Indra?"

"Because she's the same person who helped me before. Well she and Lincoln," Alexander huffed, before turning and noticing Clarke walking towards the two. "Remember, this is between us."

Madi nodded before turning towards Clarke who had her eyes on the man who walked away. "He's cute."

"Stop." Clarke chuckled

Madi smiled. "So is this what it'll be like from now on?"

Clarke shrugged. "Why not. I think we deserve a fresh start, don't you?"

"Does that mean I can go to school?" Madi questioned with a grin

Clarke shook her head. "No, Madi."