"answer it," jaehyun and donghyuck chimed.

what could he do when his roommates are already teaming up against him? halfheartedly, he picked it up and placed his phone next to his ear. "renjun," he rolled out.

"finally! mark, what the hell, i've been calling you for the whole week!"

mark doesn't know what to say. sorry? i miss you? he felt like there's a lot to say, but his tongue felt numb.

renjun excused himself from the practice room and went to the hallways to freely talk to his boyfriend. "how are you doing? why weren't you answering my messages? i waited for you at the room everyday," he worriedly bombarded him with questions.

"busy at practice," mark shortly replied.

"you should've sent me a message, at least, so i would know," renjun said.

"exactly my thoughts before. a little heads up would be good instead of standing me up suddenly for sungchan, right?" mark chuckled, full of sarcasm as he watched jaehyun panic over his words.

here we go again, renjun threw his head back in frustration. "it's my responsibility as his senior trainee to help him when he's having difficulties at practice. what do you expect me to do? leave him?"

"i'm pretty sure you're giving him something more than help," mark scoffed, making sure renjun understands what he really meant.

"now, now. are you accusing me of flirting with him?"

mark grinned to himself, "i don't know. you tell me."

"i thought we're fighting because i couldn't make time for you. so it's something else, huh? you've been ignoring me because you thought i have a thing with sungchan?"

jaehyun gestured mark to stop and end the call but mark was in deep rage to do so. "you're making me feel that way," he huffed.

"i'm busy surviving in this company, mark. do you think i'd have the time to fuck around with people?" renjun's knuckles are soon to be white with how hard his fist is balled.

mark couldn't believe renjun just asked him that. "you do."

"what the fu–"

"i saw you with him. i saw how tight your hug was. pretty cozy, no?"

he somehow felt guilty after leashing out to renjun. that's why he decided to go to his practice room and personally apologize, and maybe invite him to eat lunch together.

but he realized, there's nothing to be guilty for.

he's right, after all. renjun is choosing to be with sungchan than him.

renjun froze on his feet. how the hell did mark saw that? "h-hey, t-that was–"

"fucking around people. something you said you don't have time for," mark laughed off like a mad man.

"no! we're just friends, i swear–"

"bullshit. what's so hard on admitting that you're cheating when i already saw it–"

that's it. renjun had enough. "you're so stupid. i fucking hate you, i hope you know that," he cried out and ended the call vigorously.

"likewise, renjun. i hate– now you're hanging up on me?!"

things that are too good can't be true.

maybe they were being perfect that it's being unreal.

and maybe their promise rings are for nothing.

mark threw his phone on the bed before standing up. "useless," he muttered to himself before removing his ring, throwing it somewhere and left their room with a loud slam from the door.

㊙️

my plan is to end this before 35 chaps but i guess we're going ✈️ 50 chaps sighs

anyways,, one chapter update only since i still have hangover bc we drank last night