Chapter 31

Matthew

    "Hey guys. You're on in five minutes." Jake, from the stage crew, said.

    "Okay. Thanks." I responded. We were all ready. We kept rehearsing the new song before we had to go on.

    "Matthew, this song is awesome. Are you sure you want to play it tonight?" Drew asked.   

    "Do you think we shouldn't?" I had written the song Thursday night. I couldn't sleep and it just came to me all of a sudden. It was probably the easiest song I've ever written.

    "She won't be here to hear it."

    "I know, but I still think we should play it." I thought it might help someone. It might have been too late for me and Kaycee, but it could help save someone else from going through the same thing.

    "One minute guys." Jake announced.

    "I'm going to call Kaycee again." I said.

    "Okay. We will get into our places." James said and they all walked away.

    I pulled my phone out and dialed her number. It rang one, two, and three times. It went to voicemail.

    "Hey Kaycee. I know that you said we didn't need to be together. I've been trying to respect your decision, but I can't. We should be together and one way or another I am going to prove that to you." I hung up and put my phone in my dressing room. I was going to prove to her that we could make it work. I didn't know how, but I was going to.

    "Did she answer?" Drew asked as I walked up.

    "Nope, but I'm getting her back." I looked at him and smiled.

    "That's my dude!" He high-fived me. We heard the crowd cheering our names.

    "Let's do this!" I said.