Chapter 14

Kaycee

    "Brooke! The car is here." I yelled as I opened the front door to take my bags out.

    "I'll be right out."

    We were leaving for her surprise trip that I am apparently going to love. I was sitting in the car waiting when I got a text from Matthew.

    "Have a safe flight. Let me know where you end up." I smiled as I read the message.

    "What are you smiling about?" Brooke asked as she got in the backseat with me.

    "Nothing." I locked my phone and put it in my bag.

    "Yeah. Sure." She rolled her eyes.

    "Are you ladies ready?" The driver asked after he finished loading our bags.

    "Yes." We said in unison.

    "So spill." Brooke said a few minutes down the road.

    "There's nothing to spill. Matthew just sent a text saying he hoped I had a good flight and to let him know where we go." I dug my phone out and held it up to her. "See."

    "Okay fine."

    "So, where are we going?"

    "We are going to South Carolina."

    "South Carolina?" I wasn't expecting that.

    "Yes." She was scrolling through emails on her phone.

    "What could you be surprising me with in North Carolina?" I questioned.

    "A beach. You need a tan." She barely looked up from her phone.

    "I'm more tan than you. I've been by the pool all week." I held my arm up next to her.

    "Okay. We both need tans. No more questions."

    "Fine." I rolled my eyes and we rode in silence until we got to the airport. I was excited because I had never been to South Carolina, but I had no idea what she was surprising me with.