Chapter 21

Matthew

    We were talking about our families and where we were from, but I couldn't stop looking at her. She was so gorgeous and she had absolutely no idea. When she caught me looking at her I couldn't even come up with an excuse. So I just said, "You're really pretty." I'm sure she thought I was weird.

    We had a really good day at the beach. We went swimming and built sand castles. I went looking for shells to put on one the sand castles and found one that was still perfectly intact. Instead of putting it on the sand castle I gave it to her. At one point, I could have swore I saw her staring at me, but when I turned back around her gaze was on the water. Wishful thinking.

    When the sun started to set we started packing up our things and headed to the car. I really didn't want the day to be over, but we were both leaving tonight. She was heading back to Tennessee and I had to continue the tour. As we walked back to the car I reached over and started holding her hand.

    "Thank you for today. I had a lot of fun." She said, and this time she was looking straight at me.

    "I think I should be the one thanking you." I met her eye contact. I decided to go for it. I leaned in and kissed her. She actually kissed back. "Today was the most fun I've had in awhile."

    "Really?"

    I wasn't lying. "Yes, we've been working a lot lately." Every move any of us had made had been carefully calculated. Except for today. I drove Kaycee back to her hotel and kept holding her hand. I couldn't believe how much I liked the girl I had met a week ago.