Chapter 11

Matthew

"Do you have all of your stuff ready?" Drew asked standing in the doorway to my room.

"Yeah. I already took my stuff downstairs."

"How'd your dinner go last night?"

I sat up in my bed and looked at him. "It went okay. She's a nice girl, but I don't think she's my type."

"Do you even have a type?" Drew laughed.

"Not really. I guess I'll just know it when I find her."

"Why don't you text that girl from Vegas?"

That surprised me. He normally tries to keep me away from girls that we don't know anything about. "I don't know. What's the point? She lives across the country. We've only met once. And I'm sure she has a boyfriend."

"Sounds like a bunch of excuses to me." He smirked.

"Are you messing with me? Are you not the guy who's always telling me to be careful and not to fall for anyone I don't really know and all that?"

"I still think all of that, but I know you. You're a good person. And you're smart. If this girl wants to use you I think you'll figure it out quick."

"I don't know. I might."

"Well, don't wait too long. I'm going to go check on everyone else."

I sat in bed for a few minutes. He was right. What could it hurt to text her? She didn't seem like the type that would be into all the drama or trying to use someone.

I pulled my phone out and sent, "Hey!"