Chapter 4

Matthew

For some reason I was nervous about taking Kaycee her phone. I didn't know the girl, so I really had no reason to be. All I was doing was taking her her phone and then I would probably never see her again.

"Where are you going?" Drew asked from the kitchen.

"The girl who owns the phone called. I'm going to take it to her." I said, turning from the door.

"Oh wow. I didn't think she would. Are you going to be back for the meeting later?"

    "Yeah, I should be. I'm just going to take her the phone. I thought I might ask her if she wanted to go for coffee or something." I scratched the back of my head. I knew Drew would have something to say about me taking her to coffee. He always had something to say.

    "Coffee. Hmm." He said, sounding amused.

    See.

    "Hmm what?"

    "Oh. Nothing. Just don't go falling for this girl before you know anything about her. You always dive into everything you do head first. Just be careful."

    "Who said anything about falling for anyone? I am returning her phone and I was only thinking about asking her to go for coffee as an apology for trampling her last night." I explained.

    "I'm just saying. I've seen you go through this before and we can't be too careful. Especially with what we do." He said as he walked back to his room.

    "Why does he always have to be so cynical?" I said to myself. I tried to brush off what he'd said as I walked out the door.