"Baby don't play hard to get. I've been watching you for awhile and could tell you wanted me." His unpleasant breath tickles my nose and I fight the urge to gag. 

"I don't know what you are talking about. I've been either dancing with my boyfriend or my friend." Once again I try to untangle myself from him with no successes. Dimitri where the fuck are you!

"Well where is your boyfriend now?" He asks leaning down to kiss me. I close my eyes and my body tenses awaiting for what was about to happen. 

Instead of feeling unwanted lips on my I hear the most wonderful voice, "right here asshole. You have two choices. One remove your arms from her or two I will remove you from her." My avenging angel stands there shooting daggers at the stranger and clenching and unclenching his fists.

The stranger throws up his arms in defeat and walks away. Dimitri watches his retreating back with fire dancing in his eyes. I'm glad the stranger walked away, but I have a feeling Dimitri was hoping for choose two.

When Dimitri returns his eyes to me the fire is gone and all I can see is the love he holds for me shining through. He wraps his arms around me and pulls me close to him. "I can't even leave you for minute before the vultures start to circle," he kisses the top of my head. 

I stand on my tippy toes and pull him down for a kiss needing to feel him against me. The need to have him ease the feeling of the other man's hand on me driving my action. Just when I think a fight as been avoid I hear a female scream.

Dimitri instantly shifts me so I'm standing behind him and he is blocking me from whatever danger was happening behind me. I peek of his shoulder to discover Aubree pleading with a furious Ryder. Ryder and the man Aubree was dancing with are exchanging heated words. Lucan stands between them trying to defuse the situation, but isn't exactly having much luck.

"You have to go help Lucan or the alternative is Ryder is going to beat the shit out of someone," I demand Dimitri pushing him towards soon to be fight. 

"Stay out of the way," he commands. "I don't want you getting hurt if we can't bring Ryder under control." He marches towards the altercation and offers Lucan his support. 

I tip toe along the edge of the circle they were forming. Everyone was focusing on Ryder and seeming to forget about Aubree. She has been pushed out of the circle and was pounding on the backs of people trying to get back in. Not until I'm standing next to her does she finally notice me and throws her arms around me sobbing.

I attempt to comfort her best I can, but even I don't know what to do. Through all of my interactions with him I thought he was the one to always keep his head level. Guess the sight of Aubree dancing with someone else caused him to snap. I tighten my arms around her when her body starts to shake from her sobs. 

Yelling can still be heard from behind me, but the sound of flesh hitting flesh causes me to flinch. Guess they weren't able to talk Ryder down. I attempt to draw Aubree farther from the fight happening behind us. Last thing we need is for someone to accidently hurt us because then more than Ryder would be throwing punches.

A arm slides around my shoulders and a flinch at first before I recognize Tray. I turn best I can to face him because Aubree is not letting me go. Gone is the jokester and here stands a serious Tray. The merriment that usually sparkles in his eyes is gone and is instead filled with a darkness. For the first time ever I slightly fear Tray. There is more to this rocker than he lets on. I'm starting to think his easy going ways are a façade, but currently I have no time to try and dissect him.

"We need to leave now," he tells us directing us towards the door. 

"Where's Dimitri," I stammer trying to escape from Tray and go search from him. The grip Tray has on my arm stops me and I raise my eyes to his. I pray a bruise doesn't form.